followed tags: 34
followed domains: 0
badges given: 1 of 3
member for: 1310 days
$22 019. Because why not. It's a random guess, as I already have no idea what's going to happen in the next 2 weeks with the fork.
I felt pretty good, I needed to drink some more water but I would have been able to continue. I didn't eat anything during the 20 kms, but I think the lack of calories intake might be a problem in a longer race.
Today I tried a shorter distance but tried to go faster, I did 5 kms in 24 mins & 21 secs (My target was below 25 mins so I'm happy with it!)
I started my training for the Marathon, it feels good to run ! I don't really know if I'm capable to target a sub-4-hour Marathon as I've never really run anything that long. But here are the times I made:
10.19 kms (6.33 miles) in 59 mins
20.04 kms (12.45 miles) in 1h57 mins
I will have to learn more about colories intake and when should I drink during the race.
I just registered for the Cebu Marathon in the Philippines. It's in three months (14th January). I don't really run that often, but this a way to commit and have a goal. We will see how it goes!
I've been living in a hostel for a month and a half now in Taipei. It still feels good, I don't regret my choice. The location is really nice with great restaurants near it from all over the world (lebanese, russian, german, mexican, italien) and a lot of asian food (chinese-taiwanese, japanese, korean). University is close, it's cheap, and a lot of my new friends are living close by.
I'm going to South Korea for six days tomorrow ! Looking forward to that :)
I don't have any money in the stock market, but I get the feeling that it will pop in 2018. I wonder if crypto will increase as a consequence. I believe so, but who knows.
- Goldman Sachs has circulated a fascinating but scary research note to clients suggesting that the probability of stocks entering a bear market in the next 24 months currently stands at about 88%
5 months ago : https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/big-picture-ray-dalio/
- Big picture, the near term looks good and the longer term looks scary. That is because:
- The economy is now at or near its best, and we see no major economic risks on the horizon for the next year or two,
- There are significant long-term problems (e.g., high debt and non-debt obligations, limited abilities by central banks to stimulate, etc.) that are likely to create a squeeze,
- Social and political conflicts are near their worst for the last number of decades, and
- Conflicts get worse when economies worsen.
- “Two rockets flew over the land mass of Japan and nothing happened,” says Mark Connors, Credit Suisse’s global head of risk advisory. “There were no calls. That’s absolutely crazy.”
Try to make a stop at Crater Lake ; it's an amazing sight !
After a month and a half backpacking through south-east Asia (Indonesia, Singapour, Vietnam), I arrived safely yesterday in Taipei, Taiwan, where I will start my exchange semester on September 8th. It will be my last semester of university, before going back to France and start looking for a job or an internship !
I hope it's going to be fun. So far the food in Taipei seems to be really great.
I'm still looking for an apartment ; I'm wondering if staying in a hostel for 4 months is doable -- on one side you have your private room and can invite people easily to your place, on the other you get to meet more people, save money when traveling (don't have to pay double accommodations, you save money because renting a place or living in a hostel is about the same price) and have a better shower/stuffs -- you can also change neighborhood if you want to.
He did very well.
Crazy. Saw an article on Techcrunch about your company on my facebook news feed.
Big brother is watching me or you guys did a great PR campaign.