followed tags: 74
followed domains: 6
badges given: 193 of 239
member for: 2180 days
TOUGH LOVE THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WANT TO HEAR
1) That is not an "indoor" dog.
2) You are not in a place in life to deal with this bullshit.
3) You have had the dog less than a week.
One of three things is going to happen:
1) You move.
2) Mrs. Jenkins moves.
3) Cooper moves.
I'll bet you have a lease. Mrs. Jenkins has lived there 52 years. Cooper has been there less than a week. Seriously. All that's left is the waiting. And with the waiting, suffering.
Because you want to be nice, but you're deciding you're giving over your life to making a poorly-behaved (your own admission) rescue dog not freak out your neighbor. That's going to make you resent the dog, the neighbor and yourself. The energy you're sinking into this is energy you didn't have in the budget. Sure, you have "a boatload of time" now but what you just decided is that you never want to use that time for anything but keeping a dog under control. A dog you didn't have last week. A dog that is now fucking up the lifestyle of an 80-year-old lady that has lived in her house twice as long as you've been alive.
And you think the dog wants to live indoors? Don't kid yourself.
I recognize you feel responsible for the dog's well-being in this situation but not only is the dog a tragedy unfolding, it's beyond your ability to deal with. The longer you spend deluding yourself about "indoor exercise" the more time you're burning before you find somewhere the dog isn't busy being the irritant in a fragile relationship. Oh, you didn't think your relationship was fragile.
Wait until you've been dealing with the dog for a while.
One of three things is going to happen. Choose or have the choice made for you.
Ockham's razor: the ex-wife got into some serious shit with some not-great dudes on Bannon's dime.
Hmmmm - there's the real discussion. What interests Steve Bannon?
Hitler was a racist (duh). By that, I mean he actively wanted the Aryan race to wipe everyone else out for the good of the only people he considered human. If the Jews survived and prevailed, good on 'em because it proved that they were the superior bloodline and There Can Be Only One.
Bannon is a racist but I think if good old White Anglo Saxon Protestants were dominant and ascendant he wouldn't give two shits about the brown people. He's a racist in that the off-whites are interfering with his exceptionalism.
For Hitler, the racism was the thing. Solve ethnic competition and you solve everything else. For Bannon, so long as Whitey ends up on top where he belongs darkies can dark anywhere they wanna dark. I actually think Bannon is more concerned with the form racism takes than the actual racism but it's not like we're drinkin' buddies. I just know a couple documentaries' worth.
...about great men fucked over by the masses, herein played by black people.
How you feel about it doesn't matter. How I feel about it doesn't matter. Fact of the matter is, Bannon is so into it he made a goddamn movie about it.
- A second, more alarming, interaction did not show up in the film. Bannon had clearly thought a long time both about the domestic potential and the foreign policy implications of Strauss and Howe. More than once during our interview, he pointed out that each of the three preceding crises had involved a great war, and those conflicts had increased in scope from the American Revolution through the Civil War to the Second World War. He expected a new and even bigger war as part of the current crisis, and he did not seem at all fazed by the prospect.
- In one stark example, the president’s dislike of being told what to do played a role in his decision to abruptly ban all transgender people from the military: a move opposed by his own defense secretary, James Mattis, and the head of the Coast Guard, who vowed not to honor the president’s decree.
The president had grown tired of White House lawyers telling him what he could and could not do on the ban and numerous other issues such as labor regulations, said one informal White House adviser. While multiple factors were in play with the transgender ban, Trump has grown increasingly frustrated by the lawyers’ calls for further study and caution, so he took it upon himself to tweet out the news of the ban, partly as a reminder to the lawyers who’s in charge, the adviser said.
Bannon benefits from being contentious, laying out his intent and then being seen as being removed for expressing the ideals of the alt-right. Now he gets to come out on a war footing and slay the dragon that he rode in on but ceased to be effective in starting his fourth turning race war.
He basically dared them to fire him. If he'd decided he couldn't work within the White House any longer, the more forcefully he leaves the stronger he gets to be. It'll be interesting to see if he's as good at unmaking the Trump White House as he was at making it.
- I can't believe you are not calling your AI representative (your congresspeople are utterly worthless, and have been for a long time), and talking about real and lasting peace as an alternative to fighting for no reason.