The timeline according to the article:
• May 2016: Anthony Levandowski founded the self-driving truck company "Otto" (although other sources report it was January)
• August 2016: Uber purchased Otto
• December 2016: Levandowski allegedly stole 14,000 files containing plans and technical specifications from Google's self-driving car company "Waymo"
• December 2016: A supplier that specializes in the components for LiDAR accidentally sent an attachment containing schematics of an Uber LiDAR circuit board to Waymo
• January 2017: Allegedly, Levandowski attended meetings with high-level executives at Uber
• January 2017: Levandowski left Waymo
• February 2017: Levandowski founded "Otto Trucking"