followed tags: 94
followed domains: 7
badges given: 1 of 15
member for: 1495 days
- if you're typing on a computer in English and worrying about your grandchildren, you're going to be fine
We also need to take into account the very bad things that seem to be happening to marine life and insects. If whole ecosystems break down, and food chains no longer function, we could all find ourselves screwed in ways that are not obvious until they're upon us.
If only there were some kind of movement that could advocate for women's rights and equal treatment...
Oh goody, a secret police and rendition force answering only to the Dear Leader, run by Erik Prince and Oliver North.
And we still won't know.
- The Trump movement culturally represents an absolute denial of our sins from slavery on – hence the intense reaction to the removal of Confederate statues, the bizarre paranoia about the Washington Monument being next, and so on. But #resistance is also a denial mechanism. It makes Trump the root of all evil, and is powered by an intense desire to not have to look at the ugliness, to go back to the way things were. We see this hideous clown in the White House and feel our dignity outraged, but when you really think about it, what should America's president look like?
Trump is no malfunction. He's a perfect representation of who, as a country, we are and always have been: an insane monster.
I thought the bit I put in bold was insightful. There's a great temptation to pin all the ugliness on Trump because the alternative is far harder to face. Trump is the tip of a very large iceberg.
- The quickest prevention method we could think of was a klaxon attached to a leaf switch set to go off anytime the pump is opened. Provide all pump repair folks with ear protection and the problem of skimmers is solved.
Unless those are the people installing them.
The greater concern, I think, is the impact on other species of a change in the nutrient content of their food. Ecosystems can be quite fragile and such a shift could have ramifications we can't foresee. Food chains may break down. And all this takes place in ecosystems that are already stressed due to temperature change, atmospheric change, the effects of agriculture, ocean acidification, ocean deoxygenization, etc. We're applying so much stress across the whole planet that it's unpredictable where breakages are going to take place. The nutrient issue is one more source of stress, and one more reminder that these systems are so complex that our actions have unpredictable effects.
- an organization that is... looking to capitalize on fertile conditions
Is it just me, or is that not the best choice of words when describing a socialist party?
- "We take all cyber related issues very seriously and are looking into these incidents further," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told CNN.
Barron is using a GPS ping to upload the IP address into a Visual Basic GUI via the firewall as we speak.