the other candidates are not so lucky Rick Santorum needs 75% of the remaining delegates and has only 25% so far. Good money is on Brother Romney for the Republican nod and for Obama for the win.
- All I see is one big media-fest...
The sooner the cycle starts, the sooner the candidates can start rallying their base and begin raising money. In the United States, the candidate that raises the most money wins the election 98% of the time. It's extremely important to fund raise early and to do so you have to establish yourself as the front runner and establish your opponent as the anti-christ.
It's obnoxious but at the same time, it can be quite entertaining too. I apologize that our theatre of politics is infiltrating your news cycle already.
I have to say, I really am looking forward to this election though. I think it will be an exciting one.
IMO it will come down to the economy, which will probably give Obama a close win. It's beginning to look like a real recovery, and Romney's argument of "It should recovery faster" doesn't have a lot of sting to it. However, I'm not sure what other issue he could try to win on.
Will Mitt be able to convince the evangelicals that his version of jesus is legit?
With this said I think Mitt is a good guy and would make a passable president. it just ain't going to happen.
Its not really so much the fact that he actually does like firing people (which is his actual words and are very easy to take out of context, and really should have been avoided like the plague), but that he's become associated with that quote. Then there's also Romney and Me, where you get to see how much money he makes compared to you.
Regardless of political beliefs, which he has been notably inconsistent on, Romney is not the candidate that would be able to beat Obama. Not by a long shot. He's too much the stereotypical rich republican, a very wealthy, disconnected man who comes off as a bit weasley and nervous. So far he's sort of been carried by everyone elses flaws; Ron Paul is too much not a republcian to get the nomination, Rick Santorum was too crazy, Newt Gingrich was too airheaded, Michelle Bachmann was too much the butt of a bad joke, and really everyone up until this point has been a "Can we seriously not find anyone besides Mitt Romney?" candidate.
I'm actually really disappointed by that. Obama isn't my favorite President, I'll be honest, but he's not terrible and I've gotten off very nicely thanks to being on my parents health insurance plan until I'm 26 (which saves me money that I need for things like college or clothes or food and whatever.) It'd be nice to see a challenger who could actually pose a challenge in debates, and someone who could actually make a decent president if they won. Instead we're presidented with a very ineffectual, very unrelatable republican candidate, up against a President who is on the rebound on hasn't really had to pull any big punches yet to stay ahead.
I'll likely vote for Obama but
- It'd be nice to see a challenger who could actually pose a challenge in debates, and someone who could actually make a decent president if they won.