followed tags: 16
followed domains: 0
badges given: 1 of 1
member for: 1967 days
This is cool! I'll make a run at it!
I'm Peter and I'm in university on the US east coast.
- I play ultimate frisbee for my college's club team, so I'm pretty athletic. At 6'2" and 180# my last 1rm for squat was 315#. I'm shooting for twice my bodyweight by the time I graduate.
- I worked on the coast this summer and sailed solo to the Outer Banks on a Cape Dory Typhoon.
- I've got pretty severe social anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder which I manage by writing and listening to massive amounts of music.
- I have resting bitch face.
- My girlfriend's a dime and smarter than anyone I know.
- When I was little my parents told me that being a strawberry tester wasn't a job I could have. I now agree but still think there's an opportunity for someone with my skills.
Finding new music :)
So...you wrote a thoughtless, aggressive, explicitly antagonistic article condemning that very same behavior? And then you posted it to the same website that you feel is aggressive and antagonistic? You're part of the problem, bud.
I think your story about Ohio is interesting. You are the guy who went to Ohio and hated it before even crossing the border. You seem to have a hatred for the people who come to this site, universally condemning everyone for not falling for your baited post while you waited with bated breath to catch someone being hypocritical. You have all sorts of ideas about the people on this site, clumping everyone good and everyone bad altogether into a homogenized, hateful group. You're not any better than the Ohio-hating idiot you were subtweeting in your blog post.
Relax, talk to people. You're not going to make any friends by being the "inveterate outsider".
I went to see Snarky Puppy in Raleigh on Thursday. They put on an amazing show. One of the best I've seen.
I wasn't saying that it was offensive. Just that a religiously and ideologically crazed radical isn't at all comparable to the average person. Not even the "lol phaggots suck dix" type.
And I don't see anything wrong or disingenuous about treating people well in the hopes of being treated well in return. Reciprocation is the basis of every relationship and friendship I've ever had. It doesn't mean I'm fighting some suppressed nature to be an asshole.
If you're trying to make the argument that "normal" people turn bad when they have anonymity to hide behind, ISIS and terrorist organizations are an awful comparison to use.