Those of you who know me know I have a blog called Lil's Book of Questions that I kept during a dark time. For a while Hubski had a mirroring feature so that comments on hubski were magically mirrored on the blog. There were many comments. They disappeared from the blog, but might still be in the amazing hubski archives.
In fact, here's a blog I wrote for Hubski after the infamous Detroit meet-up,
I still love questions. New Year's Eve, I had a small gathering including an improv comedy trainer/doctor, a dub poet from Jamaica, and an activist rabbi. Here are the questions we discussed. I asked each person to pick a number from 1-12, then read their question.
1. What are you curious about (for 2023)?
2. What are you worried about (for 2023)?
3. Are you open to being more known in 2023 (to your choice of human)?
4. Do you have any resentments that you can let go of in 2023?
5. Do you have a philosophy of [your occupation, whatever it is]? Are you considering re-evaluating any of it in 2023?
6. Do you remember discovering that you were valuable and worthwhile?
7. What success are you still proud of?
8. What are you grateful for today?
9. What idea or attitude did you once believe that you later discovered was false?
10. When you realize that everything is made up – all religions, nations, ideas, philosophies - made up by people trying to understand how to live in the world – what then do you believe? What belief system do you follow, or do you make up your own?
11. What questions do you have about yourself that you’d like answered in 2023?
12. How would you like to be more effective in 2023?
I'd love to see your answers to any of these.