Yes, just a test. There are a number of reasons why I thought it might be worthwhile. The primary ones are:
1. Discovery on Hubski is still lacking. This helps.
2. It gives a quick overview of a user in a relavent way.
3. Good (and relavent) posts that were overlooked might get a second chance.
4. It's a bit sad when a post has no comments. This makes it less so.
5. Tags become a bit more meaningful.
Hundred percent agree with 1 and 4, this is an elegant partial solution. I'm not sold on 'relevant' yet but definitely on 'fun'. 3 and 5, we'll see. Anyway I like it. It's not obtrusive, which I imagine was a concern.
Yeah, I like it a lot too and it was a completely surprised, mk didn't tell any of us about it. I think it ties in nicely to what we often say regarding posts not having an expiration date. I could see conversations being rekindled more often because of this.