To be fair? Your story, totally terrifying as well.
One time my brother convinced me to rub poison ivy all over myself so I would get off school. I remember intently searching out all shiny three leaved (leafed?) plants I could find in our wooded backyard. I truly rubbed them everywhere. I had to go to the hospital because my face swelled so much my eyes were nearly shut. They put me on steroids and that was when I finally learned to swallow pills. I think I was in 5th grade. That would be about 9 years old, mabe 10 as it was the end of the school year.
That seems less "yes that really happened" than just "this is a crazy fucked up story" though. As I responded to this thread I noticed more of my stories are the latter than what i think the former describes.