Well, my girls are doing all right. I took 7 frames for extraction and got about 12 liters or so, maybe a bit more. Here's the 5 gallon (20L) pail. I use a kitchen strainer to get most of the cappings wax.
This honey is much more complex-tasting than the first. Different flowers in bloom, I guess. I plan to make a couple or three batches of mead with this honey, and doing a parallel experiment comparing wine yeast and ale yeast.
And, while I was working the bees today, I missed the emergence of one of the monarchs I've been watching. I did find the new butterfly below the empty chrysalis, though. The remaining one will probably emerge tomorrow. Pics here : http://imgur.com/a/ER82x