I will gladly share some more. I am always glad to blather on about poetry. I just can't guarantee any of these will appear any time soon and/or at all, plus I cut the original lists in about half because they would have been very long and pulled the post too far in my opinion.
I constantly generate poetry ideas a) because I read a lot of poetry and try to notice things and b), much more importantly, if I always have a list of 10-20 ideas there is always going to be something I am willing to write. Maybe not ready to write like the sonnet post, but I'm never going to sit down and say "I don't know what to write about." Bull! I have plenty of topics! And I think they're pretty cool when it comes down to it otherwise I wouldn't have listed them. So having a list of things to talk about, and having the 3P20M structure to the blog, really helps me keep it going in my opinion. I like to free form it up too of course but people return to common threads.
From my lists of potential topics (because what happens is I keep multiple lists...everywhere... :) )
- hate poems
- invented forms
- I'd like to do a post comparing/contrasting poetry & lyrics, trying to really pinpoint the distinction
- three self - referential poems
- I was going to do a post about food poems, but chose not to(1)
- as thenewgreen suggested I want to do a 3 poems about bugs post
August 18th is bad poetry day and I want to post about that when the time is right
- 3 list poems
- a post called "Sometimes, You Just Need A Break" about breaks/hiatuses/rejuvenation (?)
- Sleeper poems (poems that grow on you)
- "surprisingly ok love poems"
- how to find poetry
- "when you lose a poem"
- i want to take kleinbl00 up on his desert poem suggestion; after i put up the fog post (I'm thinking 6/6 for that one) it'll be clearer why, oh haha i'm so clever (no, i'm not)
- bad luck poems
- poems you should know
- small press poems/local poets
- i want to at some point get meta and talk about how i choose poems for the blog
- i want to talk about the vida count and women's representation in publication and poetry
- writing conferences/opportunities
(1) I was going to do a post about food poems because I originally wrote what could have been construed as a rather charged take-down of National Poetry Writing Month and decided not to post it. It's on ice. If/when I do my own personal blog/website I may put it up on there. I firmly believe my points stand. I just don't think people (poets) will like them. Anyway after almost posting all that impassioned opinion I attempted a food poem post and then I felt toothless, trite, and really just kind of...Pointless. I broke out of my funk with the Amtrak residency post I'm pretty sure. It was just the contrast between a post that was overflowing with opinion and Points and...well, one that was really going to be pretty light-hearted.