followed tags: 5
followed domains: 0
badges given: 0 of 0
member for: 1387 days
I used Awesome WM for 2 years but switched to i3wm 6 months ago:
The major difference is, Instead of cycling through a list of master column+row layouts per window, one recursively splits the screen using a small set of generic commands. Additionally, the keybinding configuration is a bit more straightforward and declarative.
I'm currently half way through the Malazan Empire series by Steven Erikson.
Things I'm enjoying so far:
- impressive imagination, things are so out there
- very expansive world and history and range of characters
- very good at setting up and writing interactions for interesting pairings of characters
- engaging prologues, I always flip back to try and guess what's going on
- started a 10 book fantasy series and actually managed to finish it
- so far has managed to write great endings for every book, even the ones which I felt drag slightly in the middle