a thoughtful web.
Share good ideas and conversation.   Login or Take a Tour!
comment by tnec

    9v supply it must have been running on in his backpack could have started a fire with a short.

I'm not really up on this story, but a 9V battery won't even shock you unless you really tried to make it.

kleinbl00  ·  1751 days ago  ·  link  ·  

We got good enough to guess the 2nd digit on a voltmeter by taste. 9.2V to the tongue is a lot sharper than 9.1.

Standpipe  ·  1751 days ago  ·  link  ·  

You're right, it won't shock you but if it shorts the battery itself may become hot and could potentially breach. Pretty rare but possible. One of the components may get too much power running through it from a short which would cause that component to heat up and possibly spark, as well.