"Burn your clothes and the helicopters will come" Made by me on August 27.
Made with Cardboard, Acrylics, and 4 brains.
Credit goes to a story a friend told me about a guy who went naked to Starbucks and the police sent 4 helicopters. Also credit to Jackson Pollock as this was painted on the floor.
1. I painted the words "DIE CLOTHES" on the cardboard using the back side of the acrylic paint bottle. This is how I imagined the dude who went to the store naked felt.
2. I then proceeded to put red paint everywhere. This symbolized the burning & destruction of the clothes.
3. I mixed a bunch of paints on the side, got paint all over my body, especially black paint. This was the ash from the burning clothes.
4. I then used various body parts (hands mostly) to place the black paint on the painting.
5. Next was the helicopters. I mixed together paint in helicopter colors (blue, green, black, grey) then dripped it over the painting. You can see the bottom corner of where I mixed this paint in the top left of the painting.
I felt very good while making this painting. Please do not say it is good because it is clearly a massive mess.