It started with a 50' trench through the chicken run. This was made more difficult by Joy and Coco, who weren't patient enough for me to shovel the dirt out before checking it for worms.
I wish I had a final trench pic. It was brutal. I did a pretty good job eyeballing the slope though. I didn't need to fuss with it too much after running a level along it.
My daughter and I spread seeds that we collected from swap grasses, milkweeds, and such last fall. We also spread wild flower seeds along the fence.
I'll have to post some pictures as it comes to life.
We are due for a couple of days of rain, so I can see it in action starting this evening. What can't be seen here is that the garden is at the base of a hill, so in addition to the rain gutter, it should collect water from the other direction as well.