We're launching our startup next month. Hubski's a great resource (we hope to become a part of the startup community here!), so we thought we'd post here.
Okay, so what is MailPad?
MailPad enables anyone, anywhere to instantly and directly message new leads and customers from Twitter, GitHub and LinkedIn by searching for relevant terms.
How does it work?
- Search for a term such as 'marketing', 'models', 'travel'
- MailPad will then display relevant results for leads on Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn (we'll add more in the future).
- MailPad will also display the user's Twitter, GitHub or LinkedIn profile information and display picture, in order to help you personalise your initial contact email.
- You'll be able to freely contact anyone by clicking 'Contact'. Emails are sent via MailPad and if you can select your own reply address.
- Once you've contacted someone, you won't be able to contact them again, ever - unless they reply to you.
Why is MailPad useful?
If you're marketing product A, but you don't know how to get it in front of eyes or you're looking for targeted sales, MailPad is incredibly useful. You can search MailPad for people relevant to your product and contact them directly, all within the MailPad platform.
But... will this encourage spam?
We're building in features to help detract spam. Firstly, each user can only be contacted once, in order to prevent email abuse. Secondly, we never display the user's email. Our system gathers and hides this automatically. Thirdly, the user has chosen to publicly display their email, so we're using this publicly displayed information with MailPad. We're also building in prevention tools such as IP blocking, identical message checkers etc.
MailPad users should check their spam laws before using our product. We know that Canada has very strict laws in particular.
Why should I subscribe for BETA access today?
BETA users will get early access to our product and notifications of our launch. We're also offering a 20% discount coupon to all of our BETA users.
What are your pricing plans?
We're launching with 3 plans (payments via Stripe). The first will be a free plan, enabling users to send out 15 emails per month. The second is a paid plan, enabling users to send out 1,200 emails per month, and the third is again a paid plan enabling users to send out 15,000 emails per month.
These are subject to change, though!
Thanks for reading. I really appreciate anyone who reads this. MailPad is currently less than a month old and we're really pushing our product out quickly, so expect many improvements/changes to our platform and text copy.