pabs!!! I'm so glad you did this call out/check in. In the last five years:
- Moved from one house to another... not a mansion, but a massive upgrade from the eternal project that was my last place
- I've changed jobs three times and changed careers once
- Two kids have launched, moved out, started their thing
- Experienced the injustice of the justice system in the US through one of my kids (and being as privileged as I will admit that I am, I only got to see an ounce of how bad it is for so many others)
- bought some crypto at the wrong time, sold some crypto at an ok time and mused about what could have been
- traveled more than I deserve (Mexico, the Philippines, Cicely, Norway, UK)
- wasted too much time scrolling memes
And I guess there was the whole pandemic thing... I feel like I'm the only person I know who hasn't caught the bug... but I probably did and was strangely fortunate enough to be asymptomatic. I feel fortunate to have had a pretty safe, solid home environment to weather the storm.
Typing this out is making me grateful, but also realizing in 5 years, a bunch of stuff has changed, but also - not enough of the things that I would have like to have done. Thanks again for this prompt. It's got me thinking about what's next. And thanks to everyone else who has posted... it feels really nice to feel connected (at least a bit).