Not buyin' it. Nunes is a toady, not a thought leader.
- Heritage Foundation is a think tank. Nobody cares what Nunes thinks.
- Blackwater is a logistics company (really - they're just a lot more kinetic than Penske). Nunes does nothing for them.
- "Some Murdoch-owned property" is related to media, and Nunes has demonstrated himself to be fucking awful on camera. More than that, he's got terrible instincts and he's mostly good for getting caught doing dumb shit.
- The Koch foundation. They mostly spend money and Nunes has none.
- Goldman Sachs. I know it's popular to call 'em the Vampire Squid but mostly, they're a bank. The nefarious shit they've accomplished is all related to banking. Nunes offers them nothing.
- numerous interlinked policy think-tanks with a deep and abiding hatred for all America stands for...
There's a great line in Ken Follet's "Fall of Giants" where a character describes Lord Beaverbrook as having two important characteristics: truly believing the vile shit he publishes and being able to restate the evil and petty thoughts of his basest readers as something noble and rational.
Nobody wants Nunes' thoughts on anything. We know he has none. he's useful in the moment and I think he's reaching to demonstrate how "useful" he is because moving forward, he's got nothing to offer. I'm honestly having a rough time putting myself in the shoes of any of your Usual Suspects above and coming up with a reason to hire Devin other than some dumbshit grafty quid pro quo the conspiracy theorists would love to propose.
I think he's just really bad at the game and isn't thinking past November.