Oh, I was thinking about the process of:
1. Hey Farmers, Uncle Sam here... here's money to grow SHITLOADS OF CORN FOR THE WAR EFFORT,
2. Hey Farmers, Uncle Sam again... umm... damn... that's a lot of corn. Like WAY too much!
3. Hey industrial food makers, Uncle Sam here, we need you to add corn to EVERYTHING to suck up this surplus, or our farmers are going to suffer.
4. Oh. And we'll subsidize it, just to ahem sweeten the pot.
5. Hey heathcare providers, Uncle Sam here, why are Americans so fat and lazy? Have some money to research the topic.
6. Healthcare researchers: because we eat too much sugar/corn. We need to cut back and eat real food. Not processed cheese food product.
7. HEY NOW! WHAT ABOUT THE FARMERS!! THAT's ANTI-AMERICAN!
Result: Today's supermarket.