OK, finally, I'm back at my computer and can report on that historic meeting.
I came prepared with questions.
I asked Seth to pick numbers.
We managed to talk about #6, 7, 9, 12 and a little of 11 and much more in the little time I had between my Amtrak train (Eugene to Seattle) and my Amtrak bus (Seattle to Toronto).
1. Think of something about (the place where you grew up; your family; your school) that gave you your sense of the world and your place in it?
2. Are you an open book? If so who’s your best reader. If there’s 100 pages, what page are they on?
3. What have you learned recently about your family that wasn’t the story you told yourself?
4. What important lesson did an earlier romantic relationship teach you that helps you in your current marriage?
5. What is one thing you remember from all your changes in the last 10 years that made you feel vulnerable (beyond your comfort zone) or felt a little challenging.
6. Are you carrying any resentment that you could let go of if you thought about it. Would it be a benefit?
7. What are some questions you have about your life now that you’d like answered in the next year.
8. What is an experience of success that you still feel good about?
9. What is your road not taken?
10. What idea or attitude did you once believe that you later discovered was false?
11. When you realize that everything is made up -all religions, nations, patriarchy, democracy, etc are ideas made up by people, what then do you believe?
12. What does an equal relationship mean to you?