Share good ideas and conversation.   Login or Take a Tour!
will93's comments
will93  ·  2485 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Your favourite chilled song(s)?

Wow man love it, definitely one of my favourites here.

Love a bit of Blackmill, heard of Bonobo before from a friend they're pretty decent. That Excision tune is a bit harsh for me but I can see how some people find it relaxing. Give these a listen you might enjoy them, there's a very big chance you've heard them before

Dave Greening - Purgatory (Sizzlebird Remix) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF21hhawK2o

Asa - Sweeter Things http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9TEd_KnAzc

And although you look to be a fan of Blackmill I've just gotta post this Blackmill - Miracle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXVQNSlFJ6M

Mushi  ·  2485 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh man Miracle is one of my favorite Blackmill songs! I also see where you're coming from on the Excision track, but personally I can chill to metal and stuff so it's not too bad for me. Actually I haven't heard either of these two tunes but they were both great!

I've never really gotten to like Aphex Twin but alot of people do love his work.

Some really great tunes here that I hadn't heard of before, keep it up.

will93  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Your favourite chilled song(s)?

You're welcome pal, it's a great album.

I like it, it's an excellent piece of music but whenever I listen to The Cinematic Orchestra – To Build a Home it makes me feel sad.

phree  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yeah, I don't know... not to sound emo, but I like sadness. Not that I like to feel sad purposefully, but in a Rilke sort of way. Accepting it in all its splendor, knowing that there is truth and beauty that must not be repudiated nor avoided. You know?

I've actually never heard of those Boards of Canada tunes which is suprising as I've listened to a few of their songs. I love Echus and Olson, thanks! Liking the Amvicalence Avenue too it's nice.

The very start of Echus reminds me of Hiatus - Tiny Doors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaPUagqyNeM

Rank_Penguin  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·

Echus, if I recall correctly, isn't on an album or anything, that was just a live recording from All Tomorrow's Parties in 1999?. BoC don't play many live shows, though.

Oh Mad World an amazing song very chilled but quite depressing!

It's good man, quite relaxing.

Surprised I haven't heard of that Moby album my mum being a fan and all, will check it out aswell as XXYYXX tomorrow!

Nujabes is fantastic, love a bit of Four Tet and Baths too. Thinking of Baths have you heard this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USBzoFo5W8g it's so ridiculously chilled!

Haven't heard of the others I'll check them out tomorrow as it's late (or early) where I am so I'm off to bed.

kitinnitik  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ha man that song is the defenition of chill and I´m probably going to download the album thanks!

will93  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·

You're welcome pal, it's a great album.

I hadn't thought, chilled is quite a subjective term come ot think of it. The best word that I can come up with to define it for me would be mellow, it has to be light for me. Downtempo/IDM type music and classical music can both can fit under the term chilled for me. There are many genres which have songs which I'd refer to as chilled from acoustic to ambient to even some liquid dnb, it really depends on the song. Genres which I wouldn't consider to be relaxing whatsoever would be metal and all the subgenres and genres related to that.

Sorry I didn't think about it before but it's a very vague and subjective question. But I hope what I've said narrows it down slightly.

will93  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Top 10 Albums of 2012 from Tycho [Electronic/Alternative]

My favourite album of 2012 has to be Django Django

will93  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What are your strengths?

Honesty and loyalty most probably.

will93  ·  2486 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What is the greatest song that ive probably never heard?

An amazingly beautiful tune, extremely chilled!