vinyl's comments
vinyl  ·  1994 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Sixteenth Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

I listened to the Futureheads

Chill, nice grooves.

vinyl  ·  2118 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What is the greatest song that ive probably never heard?

He's a bad ass, fo-sho. I first heard of him when he sang on some of Steve Vai's stuff in the 90's. Otherwise, I'd never of heard of him. Good call.

vinyl  ·  2143 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 10 Reasons You Should Never Get a Job

I actually enjoy Pavlina's advice but as is most good advice, it is easier said than done.

Sparsile  ·  2128 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh yes, there are quite a lot of useful insights to be found in his articles! I've done a lot of introspection/"self-improvement" during the past year or so, thanks to him. Even though I don't always agree with him, he has changed my life for the better!

If only it was easy indeed..

vinyl  ·  2145 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: TNG Podcast: Why do you love music? What bands/artists have had an impact on you?

I have also been influenced by the bands mentioned and could list many others. Its very hard to pick just one.

thenewgreen  ·  2145 days ago  ·  link  ·

It is difficult to pick just one. I should mention that most of the participants mentioned more than one band/artist as a "favorite".

vinyl  ·  2169 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Ask Hubski: Your Top 3 Albums Off the Top Of Your Head..... GO!

Gulezian is an animal on the acoustic. When he plays he is some other zone.

vinyl  ·  2249 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski where can I find my old posts?

I didn't know either, thanks for posting.

vinyl  ·  2249 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Talking Heads: Nothing but Flowers

If I could chose a band to grow inside of me, it would be Talking Heads.

vinyl  ·  2249 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What's the best band/musician you know, that no one else has heard of?

I like this really obscure russian band called "Pussy Riot", you ever hear of them?

vinyl  ·  2284 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Ask Hubski: What is the worst music video you can think of? What is the best?
Great song, great video and really sad to see MCA go. I was hoping I'd get to see those 3 rap on stage together when they were 80 years old.
vinyl  ·  2293 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Every Launch
Really cool video, really exciting for those that made it and also really sad for those that didn't.
vinyl  ·  2293 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Ask Hubski: What is the worst music video you can think of? What is the best?
The video for "Stand" by REM has all the qualities that should make for the worlds worst music video; Farm animals, badly choreographed dancing, Slow motion synchronized jumping, and an old lady gardening. But still, I love it. So this could be my pick for best and worst video. Two for one.
thenewgreen  ·  2293 days ago  ·  link  ·
I loved the song "Stand" when it first came out. I was just a boy but I recall loving this video too. That's back when you would have to watch MTV and just hope that the video you liked would come on.

Like speeding_snail's pick of the Beastie Boys Intergalactic, it's cheesy but it's intentionally so, where as the Journey video from my post is not. bgood79 said it well, "The best part about that Journey video is that they weren't fucking around. They were DEAD SERIOUS".

This post was inspired by this thread. bgood79's pick for worst video is a really great one: Mick and Bowie. bgood79 said of the video, "I guarantee that Mick and Bowie sat down to brainstorm this video and somebody (probably Mick) said something like this "Let's show the whole world that yeah we're both forty something, but we can still party and rock n roll!"

I hope Mick and Bowies friends give him shit for this all the time.

Hein  ·  2293 days ago  ·  link  ·
There's so much rubbish out there that's no use talking about, but one of my favorite video's is "Born Free" by M.I A. I hope you can get that in the USA because I heard it was banned from TV. Another is "Rabbit in your headlights" by UNKLE.
sounds_sound  ·  2290 days ago  ·  link  ·
Yep. Those are both great videos.
thenewgreen  ·  2293 days ago  ·  link  ·
I had never seen the Rabbit in your headlights video. That was bad ass!
speeding_snail  ·  2293 days ago  ·  link  ·
I think that Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys also fits that category. Dancing robot, lab coats, bad power ranger style special effects. So bad it's awesome.

EDIT: I keep messing up the links :S

vinyl  ·  2284 days ago  ·  link  ·
vinyl  ·  2298 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Death Cab for Cutie cover)
I used to listen to DCFC quite a bit, I'm a Ben Gibbard fan and absolutely love the Postal Service. I stopped listening to Death Cab around the time I first heard this song, I really didn't like it or the album it was on.

I do like your version though, it made me rethink the song and the lyrics and seemed a much more appropriate delivery. Strange that I should prefer your version over a band I listened to for years. Nice job taking a song and making it yours. I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

vinyl  ·  2300 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Sticker at my favorite record shop
vinyl  ·  2302 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: For A Thoughtful Web: 15 Minutes of the Jeopardy think music
That the percussion in this piece is the tick tocking of a clock has been lost on me for years.