tehstone's comments
tehstone  ·  240 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Self-driving Uber kills pedestrian in Tempe

perfect. let's ban manual driving.

Not until people stop saying "it was the pedestrian's fault" when Uber creams them.

Autonomous cars aren't allowed to text and drive either.

tehstone  ·  240 days ago  ·  link  ·

perfect. let's ban manual driving.

tehstone  ·  246 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Dos Equis erases The Most Interesting Man from its history

As your chart shows, the beer thing only matters at the surface level. Walk in to any major grocery store in the US and all of their 'micro-brews' are owned by AB inBev or Miller. Finding actual local micro-brew that a multi-national doesn't profit from requires going out of your way to find it.

I didn't realize that was the reason I can't buy fucking beer anymore. My go-to beers:

- Amstel: Heineken.

- Dos Equis: Heineken.

- Kirin: Mitsu-fuckin-bishi, y'all

- Sapporo: Sapporo.

- Sam Adams: Jim Fucking Koch

- Weinhard's: Fuckin' AB Inbev since 1999 which is why it tastes like swill now

- Negra Modelo: Grupo Modelo

Last I checked I can find three of those beers at any given time. One of them is Weinhard's. In LA I drink exclusively Baltika 7 because fuckin' a if you're gonna drink swill, drink $1.50 for a 20oz bottle swill.

Which, shit, at least is Carlsberg.

FirebrandRoaring  ·  245 days ago  ·  link  ·

In LA I drink exclusively Baltika 7

insert allegiance change joke here

kantos  ·  245 days ago  ·  link  ·

- Dos Equis: Heineken.

Those motherfuckers. Switching over to Corona to support our lads south of the border.

tehstone  ·  274 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 265th Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

Caldera by Polyrhythmics

Departure Songs by We Lost the Sea

and jazz covers of Nintendo music

It doesn't help that EA has the exclusive rights to make Star Wars video games.

johnnyFive  ·  366 days ago  ·  link  ·

That image is also out of date.

- Steam allows refunds on pretty much everything now

- Rockstar has apparently given up making new games and seems content subsisting on microtransactions from GTA Online.

- Activision is getting on the same gravy train

Of course they have exclusive rights. Like Disney would give the rights to someone who wasn't already a fellow card-carrying member of the Waffen SS.

tehstone  ·  384 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I suddenly wondered why I-50/I-60 don't exist

I had issues with some similar stuff in rural Wisconsin last year. Not sure if that's where you are, but the naming scheme is similar. Single and double letters and the similar names are near each other. Confusing if you're not a local.

tehstone  ·  434 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: If you are located north of 45° Go outside when it gets dark. Aurora show incoming

The whole PNW is covered in a blanket of smoke, not good odds anyone in OR or WA will be able to see it unfortunately.

tehstone  ·  445 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What's Hubski Reading?

I loved that whole series.

tehstone  ·  454 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Trump Tells Aides He Has Decided to Remove Stephen Bannon

And yet he has the gall to claim that he was "waiting for more information/all the facts" before making a statement on Charlottesville. This shit is far from new, but somehow it never ceases to amaze me.

tehstone  ·  459 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What is a sandwich?

I was part of a lengthy discussion about sandwiches in the off-topic channel of a gaming group i'm in.

Some of the highlights included: sushi rolls, chowder bread bowls, mac & cheese, poptarts.

It gets really absurd because there is an exception to pretty much any defining characteristic of a sandwich.

I'll try and dig up some of the logs from that conversation, it was a lot of fun.

tehstone  ·  469 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?

I made it about a third of the way through this piece before giving up.

It seems as though the problem is fear-mongering on the part of media and parents eating that shit up. Smartphones are just a convenient alternative to whatever kids before. And the last two generations of kids were said to not play outside either, but there was a different bogeyman to blame then.

Same shit, different decade. But it gets the knowing nods of approval and agreement from older folks.

tehstone  ·  476 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Trump announces ban on transgender people in U.S. military

What's discouraging is seeing people who are pro-LGB but shockingly transphobic. Why the fuck do we have to have a separate debate about rights for every. single. group. of. people?!

tehstone  ·  476 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Stone Drug

Where is this? Somewhere in Utah?

steve  ·  476 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yep. a little town only rodeo people have heard of: Spanish Fork.

positivevibes88  ·  453 days ago  ·  link  ·

nice one

tehstone  ·  479 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Microsoft Paint to be killed off after 32 years

Yep. I have GIMP installed, and it's great for a lot of things. But it takes 30+ seconds to start up and I have to look up online how to do pretty much everything I use it for.

When I want to take a screenshot of part of my screen, it's super quick to open paint, crop to what I want, and save the image. I can get it done start to finish in about 10 seconds.

tehstone  ·  487 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Opinon: Here's a reality check: this Trump Jr storm will not lead to impeachment

Being "not Obama" seems to have been a winning strategy for the Republicans so who knows any more.

johnnyFive  ·  486 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's certainly been part of it, but they at least usually go on to explain the ways (even if made up) that they'll be different.