tacocat's comments
tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Weekly Photo Challenge: Still Life

Can't say why but I've liked this since I took it

tacocat  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Post Malone sucks

Say what you will about Post Malone but at least he's not an objectivist.

GOD I never made that connection. I knew there was a reason Rush was always just short of awesome and just long of grindingly annoying.

tacocat  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh they're Randian as all hell. Go back and listen to "Free Will."

tacocat  ·  13 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: In which LolBrooks asks after the angry white guy with the gun

There’s always a pile of bodies at these massacre sites.

Really opened with a winner this time.

Most of us are part of the problem we complain about.

Yes, you are, David.

Most of us live in insular media and social bubbles that provide us with Pravda-like affirmations of our own moral superiority.

And some of us are just a tiny bit self-aware.

Two out of five. Needs more examples of his disconnection from humanity

Edit:

tacocat  ·  40 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: October 3, 2018

Ya did good!

Don't be afraid to speak up.

Even if your voice shakes.

- A bumper sticker I saw a long time ago

tacocat  ·  46 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 26, 2018

I sold a drawing I had in an exhibition. For like ten dollars in the end but it's still pretty neat.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  46 days ago  ·  link  ·

Neat.

tacocat  ·  52 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The FBI Mysteriously Close New Mexico Observatory
tacocat  ·  53 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 19, 2018

There was an actual Tacocat:

And thank you

_refugee_  ·  51 days ago  ·  link  ·

He’s so gr8

tacocat  ·  56 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Dear Hubski, how have the past 2 years been for you people?

I also don't know where to start. I was homeless or in rehab for like 11 of the past 24 months

swedishbadgergirl  ·  56 days ago  ·  link  ·

I mean, I was extremely depressed for a lot of those months, so in a way it feels like no time has passed since I didn't fully experience it. But in hindsight I did a lot of really cool things in spite of that. Things that I now that I feel better am proud of even if I thought I was worthless then.

tacocat  ·  56 days ago  ·  link  ·

I vacillate on my pride in my toughness but I'm in a similar boat to you.

swedishbadgergirl  ·  55 days ago  ·  link  ·

It helps that I did something really cool recently, and that people have been telling me that it was really cool.

tacocat  ·  56 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
tacocat  ·  61 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 12, 2018

The depression has keyed up. Depression impairs my ability to do things that make me feel good so I don't do them so I feel worse so I don't do things that make me feel good because depression impairs my ability to do those things so I don't do them and I end up struggling to decide if I'd rather eat or sleep because I need to do those things but they become hard because they make me feel good but sleeping is hard right now because it's 1PM but eating requires getting out of bed which sucks so fuck all of humanity. What did you assholes ever do for me? I'm gonna watch YouTube videos about the Hulk until I have to pee, then I might have a drink and then return to bed to think about things that I'm not doing that would make me feel better which will prevent me from sleeping, another thing that might make me feel better because it's not something I'm doing very well right now. "I thought Bruce Banner died during Civil War 2, a terrible event miniseries I'm aware of in passing! Better waste time on this mystery!"

...hours later...

I guess I'll eat some Chef Boyardee because I ended up watching a video about him somehow after trying to figure out if She Hulk actually had sex with Juggernaut.

tacocat  ·  66 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Twitter permanently bans Alex Jones and Infowars

I would think, possibly incorrectly, that people like Jones who are in media know the difference between the First Amendment and the concept of freedom of speech. The difference being government and companies regulating speech. Random assholes on the internet sometimes do not and that's the Infowars audience: idiots. They have this slippery slope argument with an end point being< "We can't start our own Twitter. No one will go there." The free market says, "For good reason." Jones & Co know it. Internet libertarians fail to see the flaw in their own argument or are willfully intellectually dishonest.

Sure you know all that. It's just kinda surreal to type it out because a minority of people are just that stupid.

am_Unition  ·  66 days ago  ·  link  ·

"Let me use your company's platform to distribute hateful footage of me verbally harassing people on the reg and HEY WHY DID YOU DELETE MY ACCOUNT?"

johnnyFive  ·  66 days ago  ·  link  ·

It really is, isn't it?

tacocat  ·  66 days ago  ·  link  ·

What is Twitter? What is Facebook? Sure, microblogging and a social media network. Do those two things constitute a kind of virtual public square? I'd say hell no but the companies themselves can't even decide so they selectively and opaquely enforce the rules and that seems to make the assholes who get banned more riled up and even engender some sympathy.

The internet was a mistake.

johnnyFive  ·  66 days ago  ·  link  ·

There are times when I'd agree with you. But I think it's better said that it's simply a tool, and like any tool, it can be used for good or ill. As it's become easier to use and more pervasive, this makes it much easier to take for granted. Now we're getting the wake-up calls, and the slow reduction in Facebook usage is reason for hope.

tacocat  ·  65 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'm honestly pretty curious whether the problems it's solved outweigh the problems it's created

johnnyFive  ·  65 days ago  ·  link  ·

It's a fair enough question, but I don't know as it's really answerable.

tacocat  ·  65 days ago  ·  link  ·

I could go either way. That was hyperbole earlier. It might be a good discussion question

tacocat  ·  68 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 5, 2018

I've been too broke to buy food at several points recently. From about 10-3 is the only time I can expect to leave my apartment without being stuck in ridiculous traffic. And the grocery stores here are crazy busy if I don't go during that time window. I really need to move to a different living situation

tacocat  ·  100 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: "Conspiracies are hard. They're even harder when you're stupid."

LOL The writer is a republican strategist. And hey, I like the purpleness of the prose.

NPR covered this bullshit yesterday.

Reporter: Why do you believe this person?

Rube: Trump shows he's aware of it in public statements after Q posts clues

Reporter: Can you give an example?

Every rube:...no...

I hope whoever invented this is shitting himself in uncontrollable laughter right now

tacocat  ·  117 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: July 18, 2018

Attempting a creative feat that's out of my usual scope of complaining about my life in one way or another. So if anyone on hubski who knows I respect them in one way or another is reading this, don't be surprised if I contact you in the future for advice and critique. I apologize in advance for disturbing these unnamed people.

I got a high degree of fuck everything conflicting with a high degree of basic human empathy or some advanced level empathy maybe. The result is a lot of just accepting that I'm batshit fucking insane and spitballing to see what I'm right about and what is worth saying. Tethered to the idea of what is a good design.

I'm aware of how confusing that all was.

lil  ·  117 days ago  ·  link  ·

Attempting a creative feat is good.

Complaining about life is understandable.

Imagine a Venn Diagram in which "fuck everything" (anger, numbness, inaction) intersects with "high empathy" (caring, listening, observing). The overlap is probably a very creative space. Add design and it should be interesting.

tacocat  ·  117 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'd weakly argue it's the sole creative space that good art comes from

tacocat  ·  130 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: July 4, 2018