onlythelonly's comments
onlythelonly  ·  711 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Donald Trump's campaign for U.S. President died today.

I was curious why this was released on a Friday.

onlythelonly  ·  927 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Please give Samantha Bee the Daily Show

I started watching her youtube clips a couple weeks ago and soon realized the same thing. TDS would have hit the ground running and still be relevant with her but maybe she wouldn't have the same writers and would have been pressured to make it a certain way..it was probably for the best.

onlythelonly  ·  972 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: January 20, 2016

Wow, I'm always way too late for these. What a great way to get caught up on everyone's preoccupations!

lil  ·  972 days ago  ·  link  ·

and in some time zones the bar is just opening.

another Jameson's please, no more driving for me

veen  ·  972 days ago  ·  link  ·

It's never too late to share! I've seen posts from weeks old return on my feed because of a comment or two.

kingmudsy  ·  972 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hear, hear. I might be bad at talking with everyone here, but I've gotten pretty good at lurking!

Los Anheles! And thanks yea, it's been a while and it's been really great being back. Hope you have a good week, yourself!

onlythelonly  ·  1069 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Sanders Crushes in EVERY Post Debate Poll -- 7 Different Poll Results

Hate to say it, but I'm afraid you might be right. However, it's that same kind of thinking that made me look at trump as some sort of cute side show at first. Now I'm not so sure. It does feel like some sort of change is in the air.

onlythelonly  ·  1082 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Peeple app may be a scam for attention?

Is anything fucking real anymore?

francopoli  ·  1081 days ago  ·  link  ·

Only my love for Hubski.

onlythelonly  ·  1124 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What is your most watched movie and why?

Funny I just heard of The two jakes the other day. Looks like the worst parts of 90's hollywood rolled into a movie..plus Jack Nich having a midlife crisis and trying to prove he's still got it. I don't know if I even want to risk tainting the first one, although apparently siskel and ebert both loved it.

onlythelonly  ·  1126 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What is your most watched movie and why?

Chinatown !! (ignore the poster on imdb, I haven't seen it before and it throws me off) I only came to it a few years ago. But the atmosphere and the beauty of every scene. And Jack Nicholson just embodies it all. I may have watched the Matrix a few more times when I was young, but this movie is perfect, every scene tells a story.

someguyfromcanada  ·  1126 days ago  ·  link  ·

"Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown."

Absolutely great flick. The Two Jakes follow up not so much IMO.

onlythelonly  ·  1124 days ago  ·  link  ·

Manhattan for sure.

onlythelonly  ·  1168 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 9 Reddit Alternatives Trying So Hard

Yea, fuck this place! I quit my job and I'm gonna start posting on Empeople!

onlythelonly  ·  1172 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Strokes, Live.

I keep listening to Someday over and over. It's an old wound. I dig some of the guitar work in Comedown, and that leslie in the first song. But there's a magic in these early songs.

Also, England's Newest Hitmakers, their first album, is probably my favorite and it's just great fuckin driving music. Spotify it or what have you.

I really appreciate albums I can sit all the way through. Sticky Fingers is one for sure!

Carol is up there. This recording is so great.

I could list a bunch but I'll just show my favorite live video. And one I think encompasses why they were so renowned for their live show (from the peak of their touring era):

jumping jack flash, Texas 1971

kinda ignore mick's vocals, just listen to the keith and charlie groove. and mick taylor' solo is unreal.