mk's comments
mk  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Off my chest

I agree with cgod. I’ve always admired your natural way with people. You have helped so goddamn many.

I think you ought to steal time to practice your craft. Not for success, just because it is the right thing to do.

Also stop drinking soda. It’s like cigarettes, and you’ve got no time for that.

XO

steve  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

leave my favorite vice out of this conversation.

mk  ·  15 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 321st Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

My Uber driver and I just rocked out to it.

mk  ·  22 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 320th Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

Hey buddy.

sounds_sound  ·  19 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hi mk. Still here. Just quiet.

mk  ·  33 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pee, poop, sweat, and dirt, not chlorine, causes red eyes from swimming pools: CDC

Oof. Sorry to hear it. Hope she's quick to recover.

"Water" park.

mk  ·  36 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What did Earth look like X years ago?

I think that’d be amazing. Make it open source so people could build apps for it.

mk  ·  43 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 317th Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

cgod  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

While very different from the Mills Brothers I've been listening to a fair bit of Louis Jordan and his Tympany Five. It's got a similar feel.

I still love me some Mills Brothers.

Agreed.

You can link now. :)

user-inactivated  ·  63 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Oh. Hmm. I still get a message that says ...

Sorry, as a new user, you cannot post links in comments. You will get this ability after a while.

That's okay though. If you want to check it out, the article's title is A $9 trillion corporate debt bomb is ‘bubbling’ in the US economy. It's a bit long, but it covers quite a bit, so it's worth the read.

blackbootz  ·  63 days ago  ·  link  ·

Said article I believe.

user-inactivated  ·  63 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's the one. Thank you.

mk  ·  67 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Have aliens found us? Interview with Avi Loeb, Chair of Harvard Astronomy Department

I haven’t read it yet, so I don’t know if there’s an outcome, but something we cannot dismiss would be the most gentle form of first contact.

Naaah it cruised through and lobbed a singularity kernel at the center of the Earth to bring about our timely destruction. Just ask Greg Bear or David Brin.

And the fact that you haven't read Arthur C Clarke's The Pale King is criminal. You could finish it in two flights.

mk  ·  69 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: January 9, 2019

Too much toast. Too little butter!

mk  ·  76 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Ethereum Plans to Cut Its Absurd Energy Consumption by 99 Percent

Interesting side note, Ethereum Classic suffered a 51% attack this week.

EDIT: I am going to make tweets auto embed.

Nebu  ·  70 days ago  ·  link  ·

It's funny that since this happened, Ethereum Classic has actually outperformed Ethereum in price. The crypto markets are still a joke, run not by whales and intelligent algorithms, but by the exceptional stupidity of the common man - the overwhelming majority.

mk  ·  78 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: One day, a mighty oak.

Wet. I dampened the soil. Funny thing, the leave in there is another plant. I just discovered so when re-potting it. However, the real thing is now sprouting.

mk  ·  89 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

mk  ·  92 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Trump Discusses Firing Fed's Powell After Latest Rate Hike, Sources Say

Hyperinflation would follow. The Dems must retire this asshole ASAP. The weakest shit they could possibly do is figure that two years of Trump is a 2020 strategy. We are off the rails and on fire.

Unless they want to spend the 2020 term picking up the pieces of our Republic as they scatter to the wind, they better come out swinging in January.

Also, it’ll fuck up all those crypto “stable” coins.

Hyperinflation is what the investment class is counting on. It allows the government to renege on all those pensions and entitlements and foreign debt and shit. Fuckin' Ray Dalio has been calling it "a beautiful deleveraging" because apparently he wants to be remembered as the Hugo Drax of hedge funds. People aren't generally informed that the hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic started out as a deliberate plan to inflate away German war debt.

That said, the advantage of bureaucracy is you can smash it to bits a billion times over and it'll still keep ticking along because there are millions of apparatchiks whose function it is to connect this one tiny part to this other tiny part. Rome burned in 64AD and moved to Byzantium in 330AD but the bureaucracy it fostered has a twitter feed:

Obviously the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is not a path anybody would really like to follow but it's not like someone flips a switch and the world grinds to a halt.

I will admit I'm not super-happy to be looking up the Smoot-Hawley act and comparing it to Trump's tariffs. But I have more faith in the resilience of the system than you do, I think.

I'm a sociopath like Musk.

thenewgreen  ·  95 days ago  ·  link  ·

Truth in jest, if ever there was :)

mk  ·  96 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Stock buybacks hit a record $1.1 trillion, and the year’s not over

Fuckers are probably selling their own shares to the company too.