jgerardi12's comments
jgerardi12  ·  2019 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Last year of College football BCS

Which broadcast?

lil  ·  2019 days ago  ·  link  ·

We suddenly had several new visitors because of this.

I read this book last year. Probably the best summarization of the first 2 years in the Obama White House. Also, sheds lights in mistakes made in political strategy from the lefts standpoint. Filibuster should have been lowered to 55 or destroyed because of national emergency. Really enforces that he should have named names when Republicans were playing politics with a dying friend Ted Kennedy. Another fact I was astonished over was of the $30 billion dollars in clean energy, 0 was allocated for 4th Generation Nuclear power.

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: If You Had To Fund A NASA Progect What would it be?

thenewgreen How much of an importance is the completion of the James Webb Telescope in advancing frontiers of science? I would agree a manned mission to Mars and studying the largest volcano in our solar system would capture our imagination here.

thenewgreen  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's a good question for theadvancedapes as I seem to recall him writing a price about the JW Telescope. Or am I mistaken?

theadvancedapes  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yes, I've written about the James Webb Space Telescope before. With the JWST we will be able to see exoplanets within 25 light years of Earth. We will also be able to study the very first stars and galaxies that ever existed. Computer models suggest that these stars and galaxies existed 200 million years after the Big Bang. At the moment the oldest stars and galaxies we can observe existed between 500 million - 1 billion years post Big Bang. Understanding how these earliest of large structures developed will be key to verifying Big Bang cosmology. I just wrote a piece on Big Bang cosmology today if you want to check it out.

To your question, there are so many awesome projects we could accomplish with a properly funded space program. I am a massive supporter of a man-manned flight to Mars and going to Europa. I think Europa is the best bet for life in our solar system.

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: LGBT Fight starts in Michigan

So for 50 states legalizing same sex marriage, do any of you seeing this a Supreme Court decision or just state by state? If gay marriage doesn't happen this month, it will happen when one conservative minded judge retires or dies. Just waiting for the state by state basis only guarantee about less than half the states for the foreseeable future.

Comparing gay marriage with another state issue capital punishment there are interesting parallels. There are currently 21 states that have abolished it. I see parallels with this because both gay marriage and capital punishment would have to be enacted if the Supreme Court flipped. If both were left up to state by state, at this rate gay marriage will eventually pass capital punishment because of the rate of which states are flipping. Thoughts?

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Don't Believe the Hype—House Tyrell Is Richer Than House Lannister

This is a sick article

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Why Facebook sucks now

Facebook sucks because everyones' mom and dad is on it

smoorman1024  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yep. Another reason why instagram and twitter are better.

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Last year of College football BCS

If I had to pick a team it would be Montreal, but I'm not as much of a hockey fan as I once was

lil  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yay, another Canadian... although you might be an expat for all we know. Did you hear the broadcast live from Ann Arbor?

jgerardi12  ·  2019 days ago  ·  link  ·

Which broadcast?

lil  ·  2019 days ago  ·  link  ·

We suddenly had several new visitors because of this.

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Should progressives ditch the Democrats?

I think with election reform, you can hope Republicans move towards the middle. This would move Democrats in left position on Social Liberal position and on Liberalism foreign policy. If for election reform causes republicans to lose most important elections Democrats will become a super party. In that case progressive wing would then fight more Conservative members of their own party. If their were any thing close to Progressive/Labour/Socialist party outside of the Democrats, their would need to be Round Voting system where the winning candidate would have to get 51% at least to win.

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Commander Chris Hadfield covers Space Oddity on the ISS

Really proud that he represents Canada so well. I wish Canada would have some type of manned mission that was the size of his charisma.

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What's this Hubski thing that I'm hearing about on NPR?

That's what got me to try this site out too. Worked I guess

I like that I'm from an area in South West Ontario where Wings and the Leafs are crosstown rivals. Plus it would be nice to see Wings in Florida when I visit grandparents. Snow birds from Canada and Michigan are going given Tampa and Florida a boost.

thenewgreen  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·

Detroit vs Tampa will make for some interesting Wings vs Yzerman games. Do you pull for the Wings or the Leafs?

jgerardi12  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·

lil  ·  2020 days ago  ·  link  ·

jgerardi12  ·  2019 days ago  ·  link  ·

Which broadcast?

lil  ·  2019 days ago  ·  link  ·

We suddenly had several new visitors because of this.