havires's comments

And like women's' feet - he has a thing for feet - ever noticed that in his work?

Sorry, this comment is private.
havires  ·  1488 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 2001: A Space Odyssey - Discussion Thread.

It was my first one as an adult, and I don't regret that decision. So much so I went on to read the book, what did you think of that? The next one I had watched as a nostalgia trip from watching it as a younger man, was The v Shining. After that I decided to watch Dr. Strangelove... That was... Different.

mknod  ·  1486 days ago  ·  link  ·

I actually have never read the book all the way through SHOCKING I know. I just can't ever get over "Childhood's End" which made me feel cheap at the end because it was not "wrapped up" to my satisfaction. I guess I should read it. OKAY FINE havires I WILL READ IT GEEZ.

Dr. Strangelove is an odd one for me, because I actually DID read the book it's based on "Red Alert" before I had even heard of the film. The book is a very serious take on war while the movie is much more comedic.

I would also suggest "Full Metal Jacket" and "Paths of Glory". Actually just watch them all (am I coming off as a Kubrick fan boy? I can't believe how many military movies I've actually watched now that I think about it)

havires  ·  1505 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Movie Club - Voting Thread #5

The book was a great read. Slow but really good. Just like the movie.

havires  ·  1538 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I made a post on connecting to IRC with a client

Well i need the port for and chat

Complexity  ·  1538 days ago  ·  link  ·

6667 is the standard IRC port which should be the default on all chat clients.

You're probably right. I have bad memories of trying to make it work back when #modtalk was a thing. All sorts of secret squirrel bullshit that just didn't work in Colloquy for whatever reason (ahem my incompetence)

veen  ·  1535 days ago  ·  link  ·

THE FOOLPROOF GUIDE TO COLLOQUY

Fill this in:

Then, when you see the upsidedown thunder next to the server name in your list, click Join Room and enter this:

And it should work. If joining doesn't work, try disconnecting and reconnecting in your server list. It works for me this way.

edit: i should have the pics in the right order, mkay

edit2: ironpotato maybe you can paste this in your post?

ironpotato  ·  1535 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'll update it tonight :)

Saving that shit.

Well i need the port for and chat

Is this going to be a dedicated channel and if so name and network please. Can't click omw to work. Thank you very much.

ironpotato  ·  1538 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hubski has a channel on irc.mountai.net

#hubski

Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
havires  ·  1544 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Eighty-Ninth Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

havires  ·  1547 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hiromi - Jazz Piano

Thanks G

Gongfu_cha this was some good stuff dude. also thenewgreen could you point my buddy here in the direction of the primer and everything you showed me when I first joined?

thenewgreen  ·  1547 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sure thing and welcome Gongfu_cha. Check out the primer page and the tutorial at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

Gongfu_cha  ·  1546 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thanks!

havires  ·  1547 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thanks G

Sorry, this comment is private.
havires  ·  1548 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 17, 2014

Ah well that makes sense and those are all valid points.