goldbludgeon's comments
goldbludgeon  ·  186 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Warrior at the Mall

So what is the correct action if a veteran criticizes my concern for foreign policy and our wars? I respect them that they served our country, but my opinion is still valid is it not?

necroptosis  ·  186 days ago  ·  link  ·

Of course your opinion is still valid, but whether you want to continue with that conversation is completely dependent on person/situation. Most of the time it's just not worth pursuing.

goldbludgeon  ·  195 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 272nd Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

I mean NSP is a fun parody band, but I'm not sure what this has to do with my comment here.

keifermiller  ·  195 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sorry! That wasn't supposed to be there. :(

goldbludgeon  ·  196 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 272nd Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

Been listening to the Oh Hellos again. If you like folk music, you'll love them. Here is a sampling of their music from NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series.

keifermiller  ·  195 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
goldbludgeon  ·  195 days ago  ·  link  ·

keifermiller  ·  195 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sorry! That wasn't supposed to be there. :(

goldbludgeon  ·  197 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Would you rent a watch?

Probably not. I tend to fall in love with watches once I put them on. Plus, renting a watch doesn't give me the satisfied feeling of knowing that it is mine. That I earned it. That I worked hard and now it's mine to pass down to my kids.

P. S. Currently wearing Seiko SNK 809.

HGL  ·  197 days ago  ·  link  ·

I actually tough about getting that instead of the Hamilton Khaki but I wanted the Sapphire crystal cause I'm hard on my stuff.

goldbludgeon  ·  198 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 4, 2018

Purchased a 2018 Toyota Prius over the weekend. It feels like I'm driving a spaceship, and the gas mileage is freaking crazy. I'm looking to get a promotion at work, but I am unsure of what the competition will be. Overall things are good. I'm looking forward to warmer weather, and with it drinking beers outside once again.

goldbludgeon  ·  199 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What's new Hubski?

Wow, that's just impressive. Huge potential for growth in the future once stem cells are fully explored. Super stoked for you guys!

In a nutshell what does your company do?

goldbludgeon  ·  199 days ago  ·  link  ·

mike how's the cancer? Did you conquer it like the god you are? Family doing well I hope?

goldbludgeon  ·  199 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Reddit's redesign

That will be the kicker. If it isn't fast I know a lot of people will return to the old look. Let's also hope it doesn't break the API and all of the awesome Reddit apps.

goldbludgeon  ·  200 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, what do you make notes of?

I make notes of the names of the people I meet. You'd be surprised at how many people you meet in a day. Also, people tend to like that you remember them by name.

_refugee_  ·  198 days ago  ·  link  ·

Life Pro Tip expanding on this: when at a party or a social occasion where you will be meeting lots of people whom you don't know, but who you really want to like you (like if you are meeting your all your significant other's friends at a party, say) - you can whip out your phone, stealthily, and use the "Notes" feature to write down names and help you remember them from the get-go. I find even just writing the names down helps solidify them in my mind!

veen  ·  200 days ago  ·  link  ·

At work, I usually lay down my iPad on the table to make notes during conversations. I've had multiple people remark that they feel like they're being listened to more because I'm actively writing down what they say.

goldbludgeon  ·  1348 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pipe Smoking: Why I do it, and why you should try it.

I actually don't smoke it public. If I do smoke, it is in my own home, or in my car. Sure people smoke partially for looks. But people do almost everything in public for looks. Everyone wants to look good.

nowaypablo  ·  1348 days ago  ·  link  ·

Touché! Puff on.

goldbludgeon  ·  1405 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: December Photo Challenge, Day 15: "Blue"

Seiko's are solid watches. Where did you buy it?

demure  ·  1404 days ago  ·  link  ·

amazon.com :)

goldbludgeon  ·  1405 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 101st Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

Throwback from high school. Say Anything. Wow I Can Get Sexual Too...

goldbludgeon  ·  1407 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: December photo challenge, Day 13: "Eye"

goldbludgeon  ·  1407 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: $20 Travel. (PDF)

Somewhere in Indonesia. Any of the islands there would be amazing. I'd love to travel between the islands just by hopping on someone's boat for a quick ride. I would be stoked if I could do that.

elizabeth  ·  1407 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ohh i'm sure you could manage for 10$/day in Indonesia :) Just save up for the plane ticket and a couple thousands and you'll be fine for a while!