darlinareyousleepy's comments
darlinareyousleepy  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 19, 2018

-I have a job

-I need a car

-I have plans for a retreat for New Years.

-I finally have a phone

-I am able to sleep in and pamper myself

All in all, it's been good.

Also, I have been listening to Iranian music this week.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

I am heartbroken. I just lost the love of my life.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The FBI Mysteriously Close New Mexico Observatory

Good stuff.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 297th Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

Little Walter- Key to the Highway

The Commitments- Mustang Sally

Misfits- Helena

Ariana Grande- Pete Davidson

Kaleo- Way Down We Go

Azam Ali Elysium- Endless Reverie

Guldin Mutlu- Yatsin Yamina

Azam Ali- In Other Worlds

Mixalis Xatzigiannis- Thalassa Platia

Nozia- Anduhi Tanhoi

The Black Eyed Peas- Big Love

KapteinB  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·

Next to the tags there's a small +# button you can use to add a third tag to someone else's post. It's one of the features of this site that I really like. :-)

darlinareyousleepy  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thank you.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I'm in love

Thank you!

wileyfoxes  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'm in the half waking state, the two minutes after opening my eyes and trying to focus on my phone. I read, "I'm in love, thank you".

Well it seems appropriate in my addled brain to say welcome.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 19, 2018

I am heartbroken. I just lost the love of my life.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The FBI Mysteriously Close New Mexico Observatory

"Where do we get inspiration for video games?"

"The government."

No lie - I had a contractor once who did DC. He did some work at Raven Rock. Know how you get into Raven Rock? You drive to the official unofficial guarded gate out in the middle of nowhere for some reason, they sweep your car, they pat you down, they make a big bit of security theater, and then they tell you to turn around, drive down the road a quarter mile and turn left up the dirt road.

et viola. Raven Rock.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Good stuff.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Why the Government Must Help Shape the Future of AI

The sarcasm is heavy with this one.

OftenBen  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

None at all.

I have a heavy mistrust of top-down decision making these days.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 12, 2018

Thoughts:

1) I should be writing at this hour. I probably will after writing this.

2) I have to make phone calls in the morning.

3) I miss my grandfather.

4) I miss my life 4 years ago.

5) I have to pick up slack on so many different types of skills; it makes me tired just thinking about it.

6) Money is never going to fill the void(but it will pay for my favorite places); thinking of alcoholism/addiction as a disease is doing wonders for my creative process.

7) I keep using this site to drop poetry and I swear that it's helping me feel a bit better.

8) What I want to do has a lot of acronyms and I need to drill them into my head. But- if I do this right, this is going to make my 20s comfortable enough to start working on inventions.

9) Seriously. What is sleep?

10) I'm wondering when it's safe to start living an ascetic lifestyle again.

... I am going to go write.

Nice

darlinareyousleepy  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Letter of Recommendation: Clock Radios

You know, I've only had a clock radio as a kid. I remember setting the alarm at random times to enjoy the sound of it during breaks while studying and such.

I also had a radio with an antenna and a wire that I would move around the room. I was facinated to find out where in the air I could find the right pristine sound of a station. Sometimes it was only a slight shift between stations.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Why the Government Must Help Shape the Future of AI

Thank you.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Poetry #5

Several meanings popped in my head, thus the ambiguity.

Barrel:

-Of a gun

-As in a small cask of alcohol

Also the latin word is doliolum- which is a small watery creature that looks like it is stuck inside of a barrel as well.

The last refers to the idea of being perpetually stuck in a small cask of sorts, unable to move out of it. It also alludes to the beginning of being stuck in a watery world.

Take as you will.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 296th Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

Alkaline- Bruk Out