darlinareyousleepy's comments
darlinareyousleepy  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: November 14, 2018

I got a call yesterday about a drawing for a trip for Hawaii. I learn next month if I win or not.

I'm crying a lot lately. It's been a roller coaster and I'm pouring myself into music... so a lot of Mac Miller again.

I think my craving for mac and cheese is going away too.

I'm kinda laughing because I just realized how filled with "mac" my life has been for the past couple of days. Ridiculous.

I'm writing a lot more as the days get colder.

I've got a few interests, but most of them don't want to date me or are in unstable conditions.

So... I'm really liking my bed, solo style, lately.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What does Hubski know about Indigo children?

"Are like inside"

Meat. Flesh. Bones.

Incredible.

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Heh, I thought about that joke too. My reaction when he mentioned his "gift" was to laugh, because I honestly thought he was joking (not about being able to read people, but about it being a "gift").

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

(Insert NPC meme here)

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Sci-Fi club: material selection for no. 37

Is the Martian Chronicles of the same series as that Princess of Mars movie? I believe they called it John Carter. That was a good movie. It wasn't as heralded as it should have been.

zebra2  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Nah, that’s a totally different mars thing going there.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Got it.

The short story wasn't my cup of tea.

It felt more like a horror story than just sci-fi.

I liked Groundhog Day. Stories about time travel are fun.

I am Legend was a great story and the film was fun.

The Martian Chronicles? I've heard of it.

Is that by the same guy who wrote Dune?

zebra2  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

The Martian Chronicles is Ray Bradbury of Fareheitt 451 fame. Dune is Frank Herbert of Dune fame. It’s written sort of like a collection of short stories. I actually read it back in middleschool, of all places, and it’d be interesting to compare it now to my memories of it back then, which were of being pretty bored.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

zebra2  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Nah, that’s a totally different mars thing going there.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Got it.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What does Hubski know about Indigo children?

Sometimes, it is just more fun to hear what nonsense people have to say.

I knew someone who thought he was "head alien."

I've met homeless people with more sense than the logic presented with that. Oh man...

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

I talked to a guy on the subway once who was convinced that he was given a gift from God that let him know what people are like inside after spending 15 minutes with them. Yeah, I also read people. Sometimes it doesn't even take me 15 minutes.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

"Are like inside"

Meat. Flesh. Bones.

Incredible.

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

(Insert NPC meme here)

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
darlinareyousleepy  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What does Hubski know about Indigo children?

_refugee_  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Images of gas output of corn! Great. I love it.

Paranormal claims of Kirlian photography have not been observed or replicated in experiment by the scientific community.[31][32] The physiologist Gordon Stein has written that Kirlian photography is a hoax that has "nothing to do with health, vitality, or mood of a subject photographed."[33]

Dude Kirlian photography is dope. (1) clip electrodes to your subject (2) lay your subject out on a piece of film (3) zap the bejeesus out of your subject with high voltage (4) develop the resulting arc contacts. Bonus points to darlinareyousleepy for finding a pun in all of this.

_refugee_  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sure, it's dope, it's just not evidence of anything supernatural.

Right well that's been known since the '30s SHUT YOUR LYIN' HOLE SPOCK BELIEVES IN IT

darlinareyousleepy  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: November 7, 2018

I would love some ideas on home projects. I have been stuck at home more recently.

Also, I cannot comprehend writing my own will at this point in my life. I am probably a little bit younger than you, but it is disappointing that I didn't think it through that far.

goobster  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

So I've been thinking about your question/conundrum for a couple of days, and I have an idea:

One of the things you need to do for a Will, is to define all your "items of value". So basically anything you own that is worth more than $1000, or any collection of similar things that are worth more than $1000.

So while your car is in the first category, your XBox isn't.

But, if you have an XBox 360, XBox One X, PlayStation, Nintento Switch, 700 games for various platforms, and custom controllers and sound system, your "Gaming Hardware" classification may be worth more than $1000.

So make a list of everything you own that is "valuable". Just do it in Excel. Easy peasy. Item Name, Description, Location, Approx Value.

Then add a column titled "Who gets it", and write the name of the individual, organization, or charity that you want the item to go to if you fall over dead tomorrow.

"Gaming Systems, All my gaming equipment and games, Living Room, $1100, Bob Smith"

You can do 90% of this while sitting on the couch, looking around the room, and thinking about the things in the other rooms.

Here's the fun part...

So while this is nominally needed for the Will, what you will find is that you have a lot of useless shit cluttering up your life, and you will want it GONE.

So pack up 4 boxes of generic shit that you don't want any more, drive down to Goodwill, and give it to them.

Go back home.

You now have more space.

Things are more orderly.

Your brain is happier because some of the shit it was having to juggle - ("... gotta remember where I put that extra toothpaste tube..." - has been taken care of, and freed it up to do more productive things.

And this will feel good.

And inspire you to further action.

And then you'll discover Marie Kondo and go totally insane. Or not. Your choice. :-)

But, either way, you have done two things: A bunch of home projects while stuck at home, and done some baseline organization that you can push forward into a basic Will, with about 2 google searches and a generic form you can find online and fill out.

Bam! Accomplishments up the wazoo!

I think that the subject matter of indigo souls and crystal souls makes sense. I've encountered people in my life that seemed to have paranormal attributes that are attributed to these terms, but most of them try to explain it as common sense and science.

I was expecting skepticism due to the lack of conversation of this kind of topic on hubski, however, I was and still am expecting more anecdotes.

cgod  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

I, for the most part, don't believe in anything.

I know people who believe in God, Bigfoot and UFO's. I make no attempt to talk them out of it but I don't activly support them in that which I suspect is fun, fantastical whimsy.

It's amazing how many of them think I do believe in their favorite unverifiable obsession.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sometimes, it is just more fun to hear what nonsense people have to say.

I knew someone who thought he was "head alien."

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

"Are like inside"

Meat. Flesh. Bones.

Incredible.

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

(Insert NPC meme here)

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.

Indigo souls is what I prefer to use, but I just used the term Indigo children because it is the most common term and people can look it up.

Odder  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

It sure doesn't sound healthy for those kids, though.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

I used to think the terms were about food... so I thought Indigo kids just, like, ate a lot of blueberries.

What do I think on the subject or what do I think the reaction might be?

cgod  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

sure.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

cgod  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

I, for the most part, don't believe in anything.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sometimes, it is just more fun to hear what nonsense people have to say.

I knew someone who thought he was "head alien."

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

"Are like inside"

Meat. Flesh. Bones.

Incredible.

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

(Insert NPC meme here)

illu45  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.

(Insert NPC meme here)

Got it.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Dubai Police start training on flying motorbikes

I can't breathe I am laughing so hard.

darlinareyousleepy  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Poem #12