cynthianews's comments
cynthianews  ·  1631 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Millennials Aren't Generation Y, We're Generation Omega

Plus your great-great grandchildren might face great migrations further inland, starvation, due to climate change, and global warming as ocean levels rise, until the end of the widespread droughts in some areas, and mass flooding in others.

cynthianews  ·  1631 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Tablets are not killing Laptops

...and laptops are not killing desktops, one of my sons wants to build a gaming desktop.

mk  ·  1630 days ago  ·  link  ·

Heya cynthia! Good to see you.

cynthianews  ·  1631 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: On Jumping to Conclusions

My children call me out sometimes for making assumptions about the character of their friends, I listen to their side, and what they say changes my perspective.

lil  ·  1631 days ago  ·  link  ·

Some people are so certain about their assumptions they are unwilling to listen. So good for you for listening and good for your kids being sufficiently convincing that you see their point of view.

An assumption, whether correct or not, is the outward manifestation of an underlying belief. It's good to have our beliefs challenged and our assumptions questioned.

cynthianews  ·  1631 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: AskHubski: What music do you turn to when you're sad?

I turn to ambient music, and try to meditate my sadness away.

cynthianews  ·  1631 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, how did you get here?

Saw a comment on Reddit about Hubski, and checked it out.

cynthianews  ·  2141 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: TNG Podcast: Change

Alright. :)

Thanks for including me, it's great that you are pulling Hubski users into the podcast. :)

thenewgreen  ·  2141 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sure thing cynthia and thanks for the badge. In the future we will be doing a podcast on "The Internet" and you'd certainly be qualified to participate in that one. I'll reach out to you then and hopefully you can participate.

edit: mk just informed me that the badge goes to the "hubski" account because we post these through there but I think that this is completely appropriate given that it's not a singular effort but takes multiple hubskiers to put together.

cynthianews  ·  2141 days ago  ·  link  ·

Alright. :)

cynthianews  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Minimum wage increase in 10 states...

Onward Minimum wage, I support it, but my Libertarian friend is against it, and says that it people should be able to tell companies what they will work for. I told him that that would only drive wages down further, because of the competition that would emerge to get the jobs.

cynthianews  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The State of Hubski: 2012

Thanks!

cynthianews  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Our Absurd Fear of Fat

This week the media is saying we should all not fear having a little bit of fat, and then next week they will be giving diet tips. Just be yourself, if you realize you want to be an even healthier version of yourself then so be it, or not.

cynthianews  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The day Steve Jobs called AT&T for help with the iPhone’s radios…

Sure is.

cynthianews  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: World Of Warcraft Players Are The Ideal Employees

Ha! They are not all like that. One of my ex bf was an MBA student, and played WoW twice a week with his guild, and he was also a single and good father.

cgod  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sure I'm being a bit harsh. I have a lot more respect for someone who went through the work to get a degree then someone who had a WoW subscription and free time.

Happy New Year Hubski! Site looks great.

mk  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hey, thanks cynthianews! I was just mentioning your G+ Empire to b_b today. Congrats on that! :)

Happy New Year!

cynthianews  ·  2144 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thanks!

cynthianews  ·  2281 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Real Actors read Yelp

I know they are so funny. :)

cynthianews  ·  2302 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Neil De Grasse Tyson: We Stopped Dreaming
Well oddly enough, as much as Carl Sagan is admired his voice annoys me. I would love to read transcripts of his speeches though.
mk  ·  2302 days ago  ·  link  ·
Have you seen http://hubski.com/pub?id=1 ? :)

(The first post.)