camarillobrillo's comments

Louisiana boy here. This reminds me a little too much of Hurricane Andrew. Feels bad man.

kantos  ·  432 days ago  ·  link  ·

My brother is driving up from Miami soon. My roommates said Irma is approaching or will surpass Andrew's force, but I can't find anything that pops out saying as much. The projections this morning showed it's most liking Tokyo drifting back into CFL. Looking for newer models soon.

camarillobrillo  ·  433 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Gospel of Supply Side Jesus

Praise be!

camarillobrillo  ·  509 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: This was broadcasted on BBC News today.

This is how it ends...

camarillobrillo  ·  548 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The proles are getting restless

It was only an 'opeless fancy.

It passed like an Ipril dye,

But a look an' a word an' the dreams they stirred!

They 'ave stolen my 'eart awye!

am_Unition  ·  548 days ago  ·  link  ·

Fun fact: We think Kim Jong Un was born that year, but nobody in "the west" knows for certain.

camarillobrillo  ·  549 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: So this is a thing that happened

These are the rantings of a demented paranoid who is clawing at the bars of his cell. He has zero foresight into the consequences of his actions nor does he care because up until January he has never been forced to take any kind of personal responsibility. He literally confessed to obstruction of justice LIVE on television last night and now he's adding threatening a witness to the long list of charges and there is fuck all you or I can possibly do about it but roll our eyes in disbelief.

Personally though, I thank God or whoever every day that Donny and his jackboots are so incredibly incompetent that it really is just a matter of time before the cards fall. The free press is doing an amazing job and it's clear they will NEVER let go until this international embarrassment is put down like the rabid dog he is.

The beauty of all this to me is it signals the death of what is now the Republican Party. Trump is blindly pulling the curtain on all their false promises and cronyism and revealing what they all truly are: Spineless elites who sell you and I out every day to the highest bidder.

There is no way Trump makes a full term at this pace. He is a toxic Pandora's Box to everyone around him regardless of party. If the latest atrocities don't bring him down and House and Senate still refuse to take action then he will keep crossing the line until finally we collectively snap and go full South Korea on his ass, or worse.

I hope saner minds prevail.

johnnyFive  ·  549 days ago  ·  link  ·

I was talking with someone about this very thing. God help us if we ever elect a competent version of Trump.

camarillobrillo  ·  550 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: He Was a Crook

There are no heroes anywhere in the dramatis personae. It's shitheels all the way down.

True, but I have hope. The levee's gonna break. This is Custer's Last Stand and the majority of us are Crazy Horses.

From your mouth to god's ears.

Oh shit, I forgot all about that sicario. Thank Christ he's not whispering into Donny's ear anymore.

He got dumped at the end.

Trump, though, found out about Cohn’s AIDS, because people knew, and people talked, and he started pulling legal business from Cohn and transferring it to other attorneys—something he did in the USFL matter in March 1985. Cohn couldn’t believe it. After all he had done for Trump? “Donald pisses ice water,” he said, according to Barrett’s book.

“Donald found out about it and just dropped him like a hot potato,” Bell, Cohn’s secretary, told me. “It was like night and day.”

Cohn died August 2, 1986, dishonest to the end, insisting he had liver cancer. The funeral was a who’s who. Mayors and governors and senators and city commissioners. Barbara Walters. Rupert Murdoch. Estee Lauder. It ended with them singing what Cohn had said was his favorite song. “God Bless America.” Trump stood in the back. He hadn’t been asked to talk.

camarillobrillo  ·  550 days ago  ·  link  ·

From your mouth to god's ears.

Stone is pure distilled evil and what's worse? He's proud of it.

camarillobrillo  ·  550 days ago  ·  link  ·

He got dumped at the end.

camarillobrillo  ·  550 days ago  ·  link  ·

From your mouth to god's ears.

camarillobrillo  ·  556 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Growlers - Dull Boy

My girl is all about TIMING by the way. That old Chestnut "Everything happens for a reason" but for her and me it's deeper than that. Descartes' "This is the best of all worlds" or some rubbish. I like to believe that.

I'm good. Hope you're doing alright too. It's tough out there.

camarillobrillo  ·  623 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!

I'm so pleased with the MST3k love. They're the biggest influence on my childhood soul as Calvin & Hobbes.

Thankee-sai! I am well knowledged on the shared tapes of YouTube. They have always been there in desperate times. Looking forward to new classics.

camarillobrillo  ·  656 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Depression and men

Men are inherently weak. Way weaker than I think women could possibly believe. That said, get your shit together Taco. Homelessness and hospital visits are far more serious than getting your feelings hurt. That sounds crude I guess but I've been there man. Turtle suit, waking up in ER, 72 hour holds and everything. Your life was very well saved by those assholes, assholes they may be. You don't necessarily have to "man up" but goddamn you can't go your whole life crying.

tacocat  ·  653 days ago  ·  link  ·

It's not like I can control the crying. I have major depression. One time I got choked up at the train scene in Spider-Man 2. I just expect more from medical professionals.

camarillobrillo  ·  672 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Place your movie montage music video here.

Musician: Paul Engemann (produced by Giorgio Moroder and Pete Bellotte)

Song: Push It To The Limit