_refugee_'s comments
_refugee_  ·  2 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Good guys with guns kill good guy with gun

there are a lot of US cops with empathy too bb

_refugee_  ·  2 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: mk's senolytic smoothie

is that a slapchop

kleinbl00  ·  1 hour ago  ·  link  ·

Communist. I will pray for you.

yeah my thought is that you'd at least be shitting terribly for days

yes oyster, "our" cops

training for US police forces is not standardized across jurisdictions. it's not your fault but you're asking a question which cannot be answered essentially

SETH STOUGHTON: The short answer is no. There is no federal standard. Different states set different minimum requirements for officers. And then at the agency level, different agencies can adopt minimum training requirements as well.

_refugee_  ·  6 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: mk's senolytic smoothie

Do you like banana? I would recommend banana over apple.

mk  ·  6 hours ago  ·  link  ·

No senolytic flavonoids in banana that I am aware of. Don't mistake this for food. :)

_refugee_  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Wasn’t This Supposed To Be The Golden Age of Horror?

This whole thread is ups lmbo

_refugee_  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What does Hubski know about Indigo children?

How early do such women start?

Translation: at what age do you see earliest “dark blue infants” emerge in parental diagnoses?

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

My n is under 10 but there's generally an "I always knew" aspect to their perspectives on the situation.

I suspect the correlation is not with the age of their children but with their exposure to the term on the Internet.

Sure, it's dope, it's just not evidence of anything supernatural.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Right well that's been known since the '30s SHUT YOUR LYIN' HOLE SPOCK BELIEVES IN IT

Images of gas output of corn! Great. I love it.

Paranormal claims of Kirlian photography have not been observed or replicated in experiment by the scientific community.[31][32] The physiologist Gordon Stein has written that Kirlian photography is a hoax that has "nothing to do with health, vitality, or mood of a subject photographed."[33]
kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Dude Kirlian photography is dope. (1) clip electrodes to your subject (2) lay your subject out on a piece of film (3) zap the bejeesus out of your subject with high voltage (4) develop the resulting arc contacts. Bonus points to darlinareyousleepy for finding a pun in all of this.

_refugee_  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Sure, it's dope, it's just not evidence of anything supernatural.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What does Hubski know about Indigo children?

Psychic auras are corny

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Images of gas output of corn! Great. I love it.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Sure, it's dope, it's just not evidence of anything supernatural.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.

Nope. Basically what am_Uniton said but also if I did believe in anything supernatural auras would never go on that list. Auras are corny

OftenBen  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Auras are a migraine symptom.

_refugee_  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Psychic auras are corny

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Images of gas output of corn! Great. I love it.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Sure, it's dope, it's just not evidence of anything supernatural.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
darlinareyousleepy  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
OftenBen  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
_refugee_  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: November 7, 2018

Hell yeas!

johnnyFive  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hit me up if you need help figuring out where to live, or just stuff to do.

_refugee_  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: November 7, 2018

Richmond area! I see in the voting thread you mention Spanberger. I’m glad she won! A colleague from Richmond had turned me on to Spanberger a few weeks ago.

I’m glad to see VA turn more blue.

johnnyFive  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

No shit? I live in Richmond.

_refugee_  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hell yeas!

johnnyFive  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hit me up if you need help figuring out where to live, or just stuff to do.

I voted.

I got rear ended this morning. Damage wasn’t significant(we’re talking paint damage here) and my car is an established beater I have paid off. Don’t think I’ll be calling the other lady’s insurance. My position is if this car runs I’m driving it. But now my upper back is all stressy.

Work is good. I am applying for a new role in the same department this week. (Possibly today.) I can’t remember if I mentioned this, I think I did. I am very excited. It’s good to do something different.

Continuing to plan my move to VA in 6 months. Planning a haircut, too. All sorts of fun new stuff for a Fun New Refugee. Hell, I’ve been eating chicken, rice and broccoli for lunch all week, even. ;)

Pretty happy with election results, I’ll say.

Really want to finish Owen meany this week. I know a few of you guys have been interested in my thoughts. For now I’ll be brief; I find the novel disappointing. I have about 100 pages left to go.

Cheers, Hubski, happy hump day.

johnnyFive  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

But now my upper back is all stressy.

I would go ahead and get it checked out now. Because if it gets worse in 6 months, you're not going to be able to prove a causal connection unless there's something documented now.

Where in VA will you be?

_refugee_  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

I’m glad to see VA turn more blue.

johnnyFive  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

No shit? I live in Richmond.

_refugee_  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hell yeas!

johnnyFive  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hit me up if you need help figuring out where to live, or just stuff to do.

HGL  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

Call the insurance and take your free money. I called insurance for minor bumper damage and got 1k in compensation. Replacing and color matching bumpers is really expensive and you can legaly take the money and not do the repair. Totally worth it

johnnyFive  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
johnnyFive  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.