_refugee_'s comments

Categorize me cap’n, semantics make me sily

am_Unition  ·  35 days ago  ·  link  ·

ty, ty

GodOfAtheism  ·  37 days ago  ·  link  ·

Cross post. A repost implies that it's that posts second (or third, etc.) time here. a cross post means it's been posted somewhere else first.

am_Unition  ·  37 days ago  ·  link  ·

Common to have few fresh beans tensioning lovers, no? I am posting lots of socially media for advice, very sad, but friends make poetry, and I am smiles for it

_refugee_  ·  35 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ily

am_Unition  ·  35 days ago  ·  link  ·

ty, ty

_refugee_  ·  37 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: D.C. Hubski Meetup

Awwww I missed it

am_Unition  ·  37 days ago  ·  link  ·

Shoulda given you more warning, but yeah I’m like a solid C- at planning.

Edit: I’m free tomorrow night, won’t talk about beans (too much)

_refugee_  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: December 5, 2018

I have talked further with Cute Guy and remain intolerably enthused for this first date. Let it be noted. If Dallas scores first in the first half then he will change my brakes for me. If the Eagles score first in the second half I will cook him short rib. If both happen he will pay the check.

This is the first guy I’ve met who wasn’t the kind of idiot who would try to get a kiss out of that bet in oh well I don’t know it doesn’t matter — the point is that this guy made some smart bets, people. I remain interested, which is quite the feat

_refugee_  ·  42 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: December 5, 2018

dude, like, cheer up hubski. i had my 1 1/2 hours of interviews today. i said i felt i'd need to be humble in this new role, that i'd be out of my area of expertise and would need to recognize that. i said i really wanted the job. i said that i'm really interested in change lately, that i'm embracing and seeking out change in my life.

i'll find out in one week approximately

I've felt that the interconnectedness that the internet offers has really helped to tear down the length of styles and fads --

_refugee_  ·  42 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: People who have moved out of parents, how old were you when you left?

I moved out at 20. Then back in for a little while when j was 24, in and out same year. Then back in for a little while when I was 27, again in and out same head. Stayed about 6 months each time.

_refugee_  ·  43 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: December 5, 2018

I've had a kickass year.

Tomorrow I have 3 back-to-back interviews for a position I really want and have been encouraged to apply for from almost every angle.

I'll find out if I get it within another week.

Sounds like a number of people have applied. Sounds like, regardless of my encouragement, that competition will be real -- even if I am the favorite of the hiring manager(s) (which is an IF, not a CERTAIN) I can't fuck around on this; I gotta keep bringing it.

I had a good long talk with my sister last night. One thing we touched on was how I've been trying to change my life over the past year. She told me, "it's like you went to a therapist, except you just did it yourself." I showed her my gratitude journal and talked about how making minimal steps, minimal requirements to achievement, got me so far it was perceivable with a year's distance.

29, and nearly 30, and I think finally basically have come to terms with the last serious break-up. It took two years of thought and effort besides. I'm going on dates now. I have one I'm really excited about on Sunday, actually. Even my sister thinks he's cute. We don't have each other's numbers -- I told him I'd meet him to watch the Dallas/Eagles rivalry game go down, at the same pub where we met earlier this week when a friend of mine turned wingman. I found him on facebook, though, and I know his full name. I know how he feels about guns (when asked if he was carrying in the bar, he reacted with the very appropriate and appreciated shocked face -- yes, we have confirmed, it appears this one is sane). And various random other stuff besides.

There's a temptation to only reward oneself when there's a tangible success you can pin on it. "I can buy whatever I want with my bonus" or "I got a raise so I deserve a big fancy dinner" or "I'm promoted so I can really party wild" or "I lost 20 pounds so I can buy whatever clothes I want" or etc etc. While in the big picture I support the idea that rewards should be merited...

I f*n love the Rolling Stones. And I've wanted to see them for years. And pretty soon, at least one of them is going to die. And regardless of whether I get that job or not, of whether I get that promotion this year or not, of whether I lose those last 5 pounds before 2019 or not...I have worked hard this year. I have changed so much, most importantly my mentality. I've grown a sense of ownership and accountability and responsibility for myself, like I finally understand I can control my actions. Most if not all of them.

I don't need to achieve a specific, not-entirely-within-my-control goalpost to deserve these tickets. I deserve to treat myself with love and kindness and I deserve this crazy, ridiculous, over-the-top, once in a lifetime reward. I've got two tickets that cost more than discogs appraises my whole Stones collections at (well, on average at least). I don't need to know who's coming with me. All I need to know is, whoever I ask, they're out of their goddamn fucking mind if they don't feed blessed and immediately agree to accompany me.

Fuck yeah, rolling stones. When else am I going to see them. They ain't getting any goddamn younger.

_refugee_  ·  42 days ago  ·  link  ·

i'll find out in one week approximately

lil  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

badged for self-reinvention!!

_refugee_  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  48 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: November 28, 2018

Hey, where do you think I can buy weed on hubski?

Jk. I know I just gotta road trip to DC

I got banned from talesfromthecustomer because someone complained about a loss prevention officer catching her and her friends stealing

francopoli  ·  47 days ago  ·  link  ·

There is a massive pro-shoplifing under-culture on Reddit. I happened into a few acquaintances with police officers and they tell me stories of how they use Reddit and Facebook and Twitter to build lists of people to keep an eye on.

_refugee_  ·  49 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: It's been a fun 2,163 Days

Pretty sure mang, but clearly, I read it first internet snobs at you all

I’m a day ahead of the rest of you it seems

_refugee_  ·  50 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: It's been a fun 2,163 Days

Best of luck!

_refugee_  ·  50 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: November 28, 2018

I got banned from a reddit!

francopoli  ·  50 days ago  ·  link  ·

OH? How? By being a decent human being? :)

tacocat  ·  48 days ago  ·  link  ·

I got banned from /r/art a long time ago and I couldn't care less because fuck that place

Odder  ·  48 days ago  ·  link  ·

how? I didn't think that was a high-drama subreddit

tacocat  ·  47 days ago  ·  link  ·

The mods deleted a post of my work because they didn't like the title. It was number one in the sub and then gone. I didn’t take it well

_refugee_  ·  48 days ago  ·  link  ·

francopoli  ·  47 days ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  51 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Trip Report: Amsterdam

Pfeffernusse!

My mom grew up in Germany (and a few other Euro zones). My Christmas cookies growing up heavily showed this influence. I am 99.9% sure your pepernoten are like my pfeffernüsse.