LazarusRevives's comments
LazarusRevives  ·  686 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Making Cannabis E-Liquid 2nd Attempt

How did your subsequent attempts go? I have asthma, but I occasionally like to indulge. Making eliquid to vape would help to not activate an asthmatic response.

Thanks!

LazarusRevives  ·  918 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I did the heavy thing!

I'm about to do a google search on Smolov Jr. That's a new one to me. Could you or anyone else also list some basic descriptions of it please? I'll add a link if I find something that looks reputable.

Edit:

Here is the link...looks good.

Saving this post to review again later. Looks like solid stuff! Thank you for the tips! Keep up the strong work 🤗

I had not even considered the width of the bench I have at home until you said this! I think that may actually help. Maybe a bit of thick foam board for some moderate support that doesn't limit range of motion. Hmm. I'll also try out the rotations and get myself some bands. Thanks for the tips 👍🏻

LazarusRevives  ·  921 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I did the heavy thing!

Yes!! Evee. Good work on both counts. I need to get my lazy butt in the gym again. How did you go about building up? I need some suggestions on weak shoulders...they tend to pop when I lift anything over like 100lbs (50kg I think). Any suggestions on exercises for supporting muscle groups around the chest/shoulders? Thanks!

Foveaux  ·  918 days ago  ·  link  ·

Heyo! Found some videos that I felt explained the shoulder prehab effectively.

This is the facepull --

-- he talks for a while, 5 minute video but he does go in depth to make sure you understand why you're doing it, not just going through he motion.

This is one I use for shoulder warm ups --

I mix it up with those last two videos, but I make sure I go through a few movements when preparing for training each day. It's helped a great deal with shoulder pain and mobility!

LazarusRevives  ·  918 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
LazarusRevives  ·  918 days ago  ·  link  ·

Foveaux  ·  921 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thankyou for the kind words!

In regards to the shoulders, I like to take care of my rotator cuffs - so I warm them up every session regardless of what I'm working and it's helped eliminate any pain I used to feel. Along with doing facepull exercises with a decent weight to really squeeeeze at the top of the contraction.

With the popping, does it occur no matter what the exercise or is it with specific things like pressing movements? I found my shoulders used to pop and were being overused when bench pressing - until I focused on retracting my scapulae (shoulder blades) and truly driving it into the pad underneath it, it gave me a proper stable base, removed my shoulders from the equation and kept them in a safe spot. Since then it's improved not only the bench numbers but my shoulder health as well!

I just got to work so I'm lacking links but as soon as I get home I'll supply some good viewing for shoulder maintenance!

flagamuffin  ·  921 days ago  ·  link  ·

LazarusRevives - this is great advice and something I have experienced as well. I used to bench on a bench so narrow my shoulders were in free fall when I pushed up, and they would pop out to an extent. very bad in the long run. avoid that by thinking explicitly about your shoulders while you lift. (or just find a different upper body exercise that isn't benching, if you go to a normal gym this is easy.)

some stretches you can try -- one, do arm rotations before every time you use your shoulder muscles; arms straight out sideways, doing concise little circles and then widening them. two, get an elastic band, step on one end, and bring the other end out away from your body with resistance.

LazarusRevives  ·  918 days ago  ·  link  ·

LazarusRevives  ·  931 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Solar Power from ROADS MAN!!! Like woah

Oh wow. Thank you for bringing that post to my attention. I had tried to search for it, but I'm not good at searching Hubski yet...

veen  ·  931 days ago  ·  link  ·

While the Hubski search has much improved, the most accurate search method is still to start a Google query with 'site: hubski.com' followed by keywords and/or usernames.

Not that I never have reposts though... They happen to everyone.

LazarusRevives  ·  931 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Random and slightly scary question...

For the simple

purpose of randomness. But, say that a soul is some form of energy. Light can't escape a black hole and we can see it. We cannot see a soul...but I suppose we also cannot see the various color fields that [butterflies]( http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/03/butterfly-has-extreme-color-vision) allegedly see. Hmm...but I do see your point. I cannot prove a soul is real or tangible and only death will let anyone subjectively know.

francopoli  ·  931 days ago  ·  link  ·

Light can't escape a black hole and we can see it.

This is not technically accurate, and what follows may seem like semantics but it is important physics so hang on a moment.

We cannot and have not seen a black hole. We HAVE seen the effects of the existence of these objects, we have watched stars orbit these objects, we can measure their mass, and we can watch them eat stars and gas clouds.

What we CAN see is what is now known as the event horizon. 1 mm on this side of the event horizon, we can get data and light can, theoretically, escape to get to our eyes and instruments. At the exact point of that horizon, the universe divides by zero and our current understanding of reality breaks down. We have images of the chaos created by such deep gravity wells, but no images of the event horizon proper that I am aware of. The recent Japanese XRAY observatory, Hitomi, sadly had a malfunction, but one of the things it was supposed to do is increase the resolution of the images we have of the center of our galaxy. The James Webb telescope looks at the wrong kind of light, so we have to wait for another big XRAY scope to get better images.

The other thing I want to point at, also a technical reply is this:

I cannot prove a soul is real or tangible

Nor can anyone else. We can take an image of the electron shell of a hydrogen atom for example. We can now image individual photons of light energy. We can measure the temperature difference of the equator and poles of Pluto. You get the idea, I hope. If the soul was real, and existed within the laws of reality, we would have found it by now. Hell, they are using brain scans to pull dreams and individual memories out of people.

Whatever it is that makes human different than the other higher life forms on earth is not something supernatural. But something is different about us where we can speak, build, dream and ponder. I don't think it is a 'soul.' And in my mind that is something that makes us even more special and that we should spread sentient though through the universe and protect it.

This is all steering sorta in the direction I had hoped. I was going to ask about dark matter actually. And super-position/uncertainty principles.

francopoli  ·  931 days ago  ·  link  ·

And super-position/uncertainty principles.

That sort of stuff is above my pay grade.

HA! That was pretty funny. I probably will check into that.

LazarusRevives  ·  932 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: How do I give badges?

Does this all still apply?? I'm not sure how these badges work or if they are even relevant. I think my wheel is all the way around....idk.

Thanks

for

your

help

:-)

LazarusRevives  ·  933 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Dad Appreciation Thread

Growing up wrong was a funny thing. My dad was a lawyer, which meant he knew how to argue like no other. I endured this for several years, because he was also emotionally unavailable. (I'm not getting on a couch here or anything, psychoanalysts o.o) Anyway, one day he told me that pizza was invented in the United States. I called bullshit (without the language) and I got the encyclopedia and proved him WRONG. BLAM. Of course I was sent to my room immediately because it pissed him off. I was 14 or so at the time I think. And I had something to prove, hormones and crazy experiences adding up constantly. But, now. Years later, and as an adult. With kids XD I say yeah. Thanks dad. You did what you knew how to do. You loved me when it all boiled down. I remember the time he saved me from being pulled out into the wild blue yonder of the ocean. ....an undertow struck and my friend and I were goners. But, he saved the day....and then bitched us out lol BTW. He was my best-man at the wedding on the 18th of June this year.

And here I was thinking that we had a meth epidemic on our hands. I wonder what happens when we legalize all drugs and remove the stigma associated with them? Oh wait. Portugal did that a while back you say? https://www.thefix.com/content/decrim-nation-portugal-ten-years-later

Hmm...okay. So, maybe we need to just isolate and lock up the addicts in jail or something. Oh wait, that makes them worse you say?

Excuse my sarcasm. It just gets to me that this information is out there and ignored by many.

That is way awesome. Instant downloads? That video was neat and not subliminal at all gooogle is the over lord worship and obey Ahhh just had a weird blackout. it will be amazing and I'll give them all my money. Lol but seriously though that is cool.

LazarusRevives  ·  934 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Not sure how this website works but here are todays thoughts

If you have read it, what is your opinion on the book, Non-Violence: The History of a Dangerous Idea by Mark Kurlansky? If you haven't read it. You might enjoy it...it is an interesting perspective and is fairly thought provoking.

I asked because of your rejection of deontology, which I can support. Sorry for the tangent...and thanks for the new vocabulary word: denotology.

Found this on Benedictine philosophy for free...thought I'd add it to the conversation.