This is not my first account: add 168 days.
followed tags: 47
followed domains: 1
badges given: 6 of 7
member for: 775 days
Perfect timing. Not so much "What I've been into," moreso so bomb ass live recordings I had to share.
I'm willing to settle for 'no opinion' 'til we have something solid to share with one another. :)
The people who feel threatened are the ones re-defining it is what you're stating, right? Experiencing brain lag. If so, it'd make for a confusing time when people who don't identify as white reject the shift in identity from others.
- You really don't need other races to have hate and discrimination.
- Also, that's a surprisingly insightful strip
In America, we call this 'being woke.' /s
- coming from someone who for years kept mentioning Poland only as the place whence the thieves come.
Yeah, she served this up as an explanation in a later comic.
"Not necessarily because it was a Pole who stole the thing in the first place, but because that’s where a lot of people go to get rid of their stolen goods"
I have no grounds for grasping its validity, so I'm willing to read any insight you have.
- The concept of "race" does not reflect empirical reality as it actually exists.
Racism and white supremacy are based on a concept which is a "true lie" that dominant society makes real, both for those who benefit from racial inequality as well as those who suffer under it.
In all, Charles Blow's sharp observation that, "This is at the core: White extinction anxiety, white displacement anxiety, white minority anxiety. This is the fear and anxiety Trump is playing to" actually brings up something deeper, more existential and in many ways more sinister both because of the collective psychology involved and what such a conclusion then mandates as a necessary and reasonable response to an existential threat.
Best I can parse this article is its demonstrating how a shift in ideas from "We're white people, and we're cool" to "We're white people, and maybe that doesn't make us that cool." (And the guilt looking back on what people did in the name of being cool) Which, in turn, leads to the 'existential threat' from "What if we're just people."
Then again, I guess I just summed up the growing pains of the Civil Rights movement from the 'white peoples'' side.
- Tl;dr realizing I can choose to enjoy the friendship I have with her. Plus, I don't want to let the fact that I didn't get what I want to get in the way of having a dank friend - is what I'm sorta coming to terms with.
- What I am going to do is tell you about my bad choices.
Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement. A story is experience without consequence.
Take my circledot.
Smells like bad people in good jobs, not unlike
Lightening the load on the Air Force is nice and all, though we've had someone advocating for a cyberspace force in terms of spin-offs from the Air Force a while longer. And it's not like the Air Force Association hasn't been hinting at it for years.
- In a statement sent to SpaceNews, Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said the service is taking steps to bolster space operations.
“I could not agree more that now is the time to address the threats our nation faces in space, which is why the Air Force has proposed a 20 percent increase in space funding in this year’s budget, and announced last week a reorganization that integrates, elevates and normalizes space,” the secretary said.