i am not very interested in sex, even anti-interested, and I still have no idea why would anybody want to do that without the intention to make a copy of yourself, as if it was needed.
I think it would make life much easier, pleasurable, enjoyable if people wouldn't be as primitively thinking about it and singing for as much primitive people about that, and we could get rid of all those really terrible, disturbing advertisements. It would make life much more real, interesting, not annoying for asexuals, because hearing the same on the radios, in the shops, TV's, talking about that so much. Before finding out that people actually eel different than me I thought it is a bad-taste global joke.
In my perfect world, people are free from listening how people flirt, say very very disturbing things, where nobody is bullied because he's appearance is different, his interests are different, he is weaker or with less attractive human being. Also there wouldn't be people who are bullying others just to prove their alpha side to their potential partners. Unfortunately hardly for any reason to do that I can relate to.
* pleasure - can't relate to that. It is like "meh";
* stress relief - if there was no need to have sex, there would be far less stressful people. I was astounded to see a female who is angry, discontent, screaming at everybody just because she didn't see her BF for a week. Male's wouldn't be wacko's driving their cars so fast and being aggressive to all the society, because they are needy. The will for sex makes people stressed.
* exercise - Very terrible way of exercise and good article to read. If we spend more calories raking leaves or walking, then why walking or raking leaves is not an exercise?;
* sexual curiosity - can't last a lifetime;
* attraction - does not explain why people need sex. Many people are attracted to power, wealth, cars, things, but I have yet to see how you can make an intercourse with a car, coins or power;
* love - see step above;
* commitment - "..to do sex?" or ..? If I am committed to study German that does not mean that sex magically happens;
* procreation - genuine reason, which with some genetic researches can and should become obsolete. Imagine, our bodies carry not only the good stuff, and there are many things which can be transmitted to the children even before birth, it makes much more sense to alter the genes and not only reduce or eliminate the risk, but make improvements for the better life of your offspring;
* social status - if you share your most intimate moments on facebook, then yes, it is a valid point;
* revenge - plainly stupid;
* boost self-esteem - people should learn to appreciate and be content with themselves without needing somebody external. I do not believe that only source of happiness can come from expecting other to appreciate you.
Now, count how many logical reasons are there to have sex and what are the benefits of being able to weed that need away and being able to make better, healthier, stronger human beings for the benefit of all.