So yeah I pay $135 a year for The Daily Shot, which is more of a daily deluge of graphs. I printed 'em as a PDF once and a single day was 150-odd pages.
I've talked to them about sharing before and they're pretty firmly at "no" followed by "hell no" followed by "this is why we watermark fkkn' everything" because apparently once their obligation to the WSJ was over they figured they were going to control their media, dammit.
I mention this to apologize for why I must describe the 17-of-17 US topline graphs rather than showing them.
- layoff concerns spiking to levels three times higher than ever recorded, according to Arbor Data Science high frequency fed comments tracking
- concern in the Fed minutes that the Fed's narrative of "stock market up" is not the same thing as "economy up"
- Arbor, again, indicating that fed comments are more concerned about employment right now than they've ever been concerned with anything before ever
- Moody's "back to normal" index, showing we're plateaued at 70% and have been since July
- Oxford Economics with basically the same graph, only in more colors
- Job search and recruitment tracking the exact same shitty line
- Glassdoor hirings showing the exact same shitty line
- Consumer credit plummeting, with survey at plus 14 and actual at minus 7
- revolving and nonrevolving credit the lowest they've been in at least five years, except for March when everyone paid off their credit cards with their stimulus
- consumer credit absolutely plummeting
- average car loan size spiking...
- while total car loan rates plummet
- home sales slowing
- refis plummeting
- commercial rents crashing like it's Q1/08
...see we say "worse than expected" as if we live in the land of any kind of normal because if it's not normal what the fuck are we doing but lemme tell ya as a guy who sees the raw fucking data every morning? It's been the goddamn apocalypse since March and continues to be.
How's your recovery coming, guys? I wanted to say "kids" but the oldest millennials are turning 40 this year so... how fucking horrifying is this shit?