My relationship advice:
1. When you're young and not married, it's easy to move on. So, if you're unhappy, move on. Stop questioning it. Move on.
2. If you're unmarried and someone wants to go to couples counseling, move on.
3. If you're unmarried and you have a bunch of small things that annoy you about someone, realize that one day those small things will be big things.
4. If you are married, but don't have any kids, and you're super unhappy and have put in the effort to try and change shit and it just isn't going anywhere.... get out.
5. If you're married and have kids and someone wants couples counseling, GO. Put yourself in to it 100%. Fix that shit.
6. If you are in any relationship, married or unmarried. Kids or no kids. Learn what motivates your partner. Is it acts of kindness? Affection? Words of affirmation? Recognize what makes them excited and realize that it may be very different from what motivates you. Whatever it is, do it daily/often.
7. Embrace their family.
8. Don't cheat. Be faithful. Cheaters suck. It's an awful thing to do to someone. "Do unto others... "