I don't remember exactly how I stumbled accross Hubski, probably a link in a reddit post. That was 1419 days ago, so almost 4 years. I don't post often, but I check the community almost daily, except on holidays. Why ?
- Great content discovery, and thoughtful comments and discussions. I love to be able to read about the opinions and thoughts of a diverse crowd. It lets you go past your filter bubble in a way;
- There is almost always someone to tell me why I'm wrong on something, and they are very often right (I'm especially thinking about kleinbl00 here, thanks for pushing back the dark!);
- The fact that everybody speaks english is amazing. It trains me everyday to read and understand another language. You know that language-learning in French is a bit lagging behind Europe. I would not consider myself bilingual because I still have a french accent, but I can talk about cryptocurrencies, technology and economics in english in a day-to-day conversation, and part of that reason is Hubski;
- The feeling of the community is loving, welcoming, and pushing you to be the better version of yourself. It's kind of like everybody believes in everybody, so we each push ourselves up in a not-cheesy-kind-of-way if that makes sense;
- I will always remember meeting wasoxygen and arguewithatree on a week-end trip to DC when I was in the US. Incredible hospitality and amazing people.