Lemon chicken pasta with capers. Pretty sure either this or homemade snicker-doodles is how I hooked my bae.
- salt & pepper 2 chicken breasts cut into large chunks
- add 1-2 tbsp olive oil to a deep pan
- brown the chicken on all sides on medium high and then remove from the pan
- sautee a few cloves of garlic in the same pan on medium with 1/2 tbsp butter until fragrant
- add about half a lemon sliced into 1/8" rounds and let cook for ~2 minutes while stirring
- de-glaze the pan with 1/4 cup white wine then add 1/4 cup chicken broth plus 1.5 cups water plus 1/4 cup lemon juice
- return chicken to the pan with 16oz of raw pasta
- bring to a light boil and then let simmer for 10-12 minutes (6-8 if you are using GF pasta) covered until chicken is cooked through, and pasta is cooked to al dente
- stir in about a tablespoon of capers
- serve with some shredded Parmesan on top
If your bae likes cheese like I do though there's an awesome one pot recipe for cheesy sun-dried tomato pasta that is so. freaking. good. Mine is mildly lactose intolerant, so I just make that when he's out of town.