In the past year (perhaps even precisely; perhaps even a year to this day) I:
- unexpectedly broke up with my S/O (that's our kick-off event) (PS I checked. Exactly a year ago, tomorrow)
- moved out of their house (STAT)
- moved in with my parents for 5 months (thank you, mom and dad)
- found a wonderful little apartment in a great location where i now live with my sister
- lost 20 lbs (but gained around 7 back...hey, holidays! And life's a journey, right? Those 7 pounds are just giving me a new goal)
- didn't really date - like, kind of dated one or two people, but mostly consciously was trying to take the year off of it, after the Catastrophic Break-up
- took a lot of time to myself because I felt the need to recalibrate, ask myself what i really want, and reorient - realign my life to help me reach those goals more effectively
- revamped my whole financial management system (i have a bank account for each bill now, essentially - I recommend this btw)
- read like a million stephen king books
- kicked total ass at work (at least as much ass as i consistently could i guess)
- also i got 3 tattoos
- found balance and stability in/with my life and my self.
It's been a good year. I'm glad the break-up happened. I'm glad I saw it as an opportunity to prove to myself my worth and capability, and I think I did.
Who's on the East Coast? Meriadoc arguewithatree blackbootz
I think it would be fun if we could arrange another little meet-up, I know there are new hubskiers and I promise that I, like kleinbl00, am much more tolerable in person, so if anyone else is nearish to the DC/Baldymore area, give us a shout