• Desulforudis audaxviator is a bacteria which lives independently of all other species, deep underground, without oxygen or sunlight. It is the only known ecosystem of a single organism. It depends on radioactivity, sulfate, water, ammonia and carbon dioxide. The species is named after a Latin phrase meaning "bold traveler" found in a runic cryptogram which provides directions to a crater on Snæfellsjökull, according to some the entrance to a passage to the center of the earth.
• The entrance to a massive cave, nicknamed Sarlacc's Pit, was discovered in Canada.
• Project Mohole was an attempt led by the American Miscellaneous Society to drill through the Earth's crust, through the Mohorovičić discontinuity, into the Earth's mantle.
• Canada installed Chinese underwater monitoring devices near a U.S. nuclear submarine base.
• When a male anglerfish finds a female, he bites into her skin and releases an enzyme that digests the skin of his mouth and her body, fusing the pair down to the blood-vessel level. The male becomes dependent on the female host for survival by receiving nutrients via their shared circulatory system, and provides sperm to the female in return.
• The Tadcaster Bridge in North Yorkshire collapsed because the German builders used plans based on the assumption that cars would drive on the right.
• Santiago is near the west coast of South America, and New York City is near the east coast of North America, but there is no time difference between the two cities.
• One thousand feet directly in front of the Great Sphinx of Giza is a Pizza Hut. The nose of the Sphinx was vandalized hundreds of years ago, before Napoleon was born, and a piece of the beard is in the British Museum.
• Astronaut David Scott tried to reproduce Galileo's demonstration of gravity on the moon, dropping a hammer and a feather at the same time, but the feather drifted off into space.
One point for each erratum found.
So I can score a point for another moon question? Of course the hammer and feather drifted off into space from the astronaut at the same rate without air resistance, it even says so explicitly in the link. Edit: Heavy boots keep the astronaut from floating away.
Edit2: Dulles sucks, btw