zebra2's comments
zebra2  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 18, 2018

I have no idea what I’m doing. To war!

zebra2  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Awesome DEA patches

"What kind of imagery should we put on this kid's patch?"

"How about a dead body trace?"

👌

zebra2  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Awesome DEA patches

These really are unexpectedly awesome. Unicorn System!

They just get crazier and crazier.

zebra2  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, I have a language question
kantos  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

So it's 'usʒ'?

FirebrandRoaring  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

That makes [ju:sʒ], at worst, and [ju:ʃ], at best.

zebra2  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: I made some synthetic rain

I'm not totally sure, I know there are some online generators. I could just make a really really long loop.

zebra2  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 11, 2018

This looks cool. Never played it before but I may be in.

flac  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

Same here! Going to try and bone up on some rules first, any recommended places to learn, wasoxygen?

wasoxygen  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

The intro is a good place to start:

I figured things out as I went along during the first game. Jump in and learn!

spencerflem  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

^^ Theres really not many rules: just 2 types of units and all they can do is move or support

zebra2  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Necro post: Project Major Khaaan: The [lost] Hubski Weather Balloon

This is amazing. Will there ever be another voyage?

mk  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·

Look to June.

steve  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·

You have my axe

zebra2  ·  17 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 4, 2018

I just wanted to vent: why must so many major media and entertainment sites be such a fucking mess? I'm browsing at my work computer, where I don't have adblock, and trying to read this interesting article, but the page is a disaster. The loading wheel at the top won't spinning. An ad on the side constantly refreshes with new stupid shit. Ads in line with the text load as I scroll along, changing the format and pushing the text down making me lose my place. A full-screen video ad autoplays in the middle of the fucking text. It's unbearable to read like that.

It's not just one site either, and it's not just ads. The BBC is just one example that uses slow, annoying parallax that makes the article title unreadable as soon as you scroll a tiny bit, while most of the screen space is wasted on stupid meaningless garbage.

It's like this on practically every big-name article-driven site. Get your shit together.

why must so many major media and entertainment sites be such a fucking mess?

Because you're supposed to download their app, duh. How else will they send you push notifications based on geolocation?

zebra2  ·  17 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 4, 2018

I used some kind of soy wax, which I can't really vouch for as the ideal product, but I had read somewhere it's preferred for lighter-color items. I see paraffin wax used most typically.

zebra2  ·  18 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 4, 2018

So I paid for a DX11. I should have it in the near future. It's just like the TX81z I already have, except it is formatted like a musical instrument as opposed to a VCR. I'm looking forward to finally having a synth with a fullish-sized keyboard.

Lol just buy a TX816 and be done with it

steve  ·  17 days ago  ·  link  ·

MOAR SYNTHS

MOAR SYNTHS

MOAR SYNTHS

zebra2  ·  18 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 4, 2018

Check out the strip on Abbot Kinney. Lots of uppity boutique shops and restaurants there if you're into that.

zebra2  ·  18 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 4, 2018

All your crafty stuff is awesome. The jacket looks great. It also reminds me I waxed my previously water-absorbent rain jacket. It worked out pretty well but I need to make another pass at it to get it even. The wax coating also makes it feel so cold. Ever try waxing anything?

flac  ·  17 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oooh, I should definitely wax it! Do you remember what product you used?

zebra2  ·  17 days ago  ·  link  ·

zebra2  ·  19 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, what do you make notes of?

I have my work notes, but reading this makes me think I should really take up a personal journal. Occasionally I find that there's past memories and experiences where the specifics get kinda washed-out if I don't actively revisit them. I make a mental note to recall really nice experiences, and sometimes certain moods and moments get translated into artistic interpretations, but maybe I should keep a more prescribed record. I especially think I want to do this when I visit Japan in a few months.

veen  ·  19 days ago  ·  link  ·

I recently dug up my Evernote account, where I promptly realized that I had kept a diary for the first 18 months of college. There is a lot of menial stuff but I absolutely love reading it back. Life doesn't need to be special for a journal to matter, although it does help. :)

zebra2  ·  19 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: GARDEN THREAD YALL. What have you planted? Hows it going?

My most successful venture thus far. Basil and mint sprouted from seed. They've only made it this far because they're at my desk and I sit in front of them all day, which reminds me to water them.

That's a serious garden. I literally have two cans with some herbs sprouting in them.