We share good ideas and conversation here.   Login, Join Us, or Take a Tour!
tacocat's comments
tacocat  ·  15 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: "Whether Trump survives to 2020 hangs on a single question: Is Donald Trump insane?"

"And if there's evidence Trump so much as farted across state lines once, it will be in Mueller's report."

I wish there wasn't so much material for lines like that. And there are several of them

tacocat  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 20, 2017

There's so much bad everything. There's so much to hate about the world.

Then Morgan Freeman comes and gives you advise..

LOL.

I'm a douche bag

I don't like it as a rule but I like it as an exercise to express myself. I don't claim to understand it but I think I understand its constraints and I sometimes like working within them

I probably like it a lot. There's just so much bad poetry

lil  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Of course there is.

There's so much bad everything.

And they teach you to hate poetry in high school.

Or love it. It depends on so much.

I wonder what poem mk is memorizing this week.

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

It was supposed to be one per month, but I have Poe's Alone down pat, and started itching for the next.

mike and I had somewhat of a poetry slam in steve's minivan last weekend.

steve  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Minivans bring out the poet in all of us

tacocat  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

There's so much bad everything. There's so much to hate about the world.

Then Morgan Freeman comes and gives you advise..

LOL.

I'm a douche bag

It's true. I've made friends because you had a passion project.

That doesn't happen on the internet. The internet is awful

It's weird to try to explain hubski friends to people

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

I appreciate it. It's something that I am very pleased to have done.

It's weird to try to explain hubski friends to people

Same. I consider many of you extended family.

Mark. That's your name isn't it?

You have built a beautiful community.

There's nothing like this anywhere. And you did it. I would be so proud.

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Thanks, buddy.

tacocat  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

It's true. I've made friends because you had a passion project.

That doesn't happen on the internet. The internet is awful

It's weird to try to explain hubski friends to people

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

I appreciate it. It's something that I am very pleased to have done.

It's weird to try to explain hubski friends to people

Same. I consider many of you extended family.

Panacea was a little too much for me. There's a reason no one saw that

I wrote a poem about a really bad hangover once. Totally liked that one but it's gone

I told you I don't like poetry. Least of all when I write it and then stop. But that's a poem I tried to write a while back

Hidden within eight letters,

A history of pain, rejection and disappointment,

And an overt message of joy and appreciation,

And a tacit hope, a prospective optimism and an absolution of self,

Three sounds combined,

Deliver all of this in a commonly understood sentence,

Quietly, simply implying more,

Between two people,

Than any text can convey,

To any remote audience.

The perfect distillation,

A momentarily forgotten yesterday,

A beautiful now,

And the prospect that what was once poison,

Can also be panacea.

lil  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

thx tac

I told you I don't like poetry.
I know. My argument for poetry is that it's a good place to hide feelings. They'll be safe there.

Unlike us, art of all sorts is patient. It will wait at the station as long as it takes.

tacocat  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

I probably like it a lot. There's just so much bad poetry

lil  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Of course there is.

There's so much bad everything.

And they teach you to hate poetry in high school.

Or love it. It depends on so much.

I wonder what poem mk is memorizing this week.

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

mike and I had somewhat of a poetry slam in steve's minivan last weekend.

steve  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Minivans bring out the poet in all of us

tacocat  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

There's so much bad everything. There's so much to hate about the world.

Then Morgan Freeman comes and gives you advise..

LOL.

I'm a douche bag

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: How Renaissance Painting Smoldered with a Little Known Hallucinogen

Ergot. It's always ergot...

Liked the article. I just know about ergot and it's always the thing that made people hallucinate

Kinda surprised the answer wasn't lead white though

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Lovely conservative mea culpa years after it would have matered

He's very sorry about it now

Yeah. Point at Reagan. One election removed from the supervillian who ushered this in? How the fuck did the public absolve that party so fast? Because we got stupid grandpa running against a real Christian empath?

Everytime I see a Reagan park or school or whatever I want to piss on it or throw up in my car

I've now rusted my own jimmies

I also don't think I said anything important

I also may have given Jimmy Carter a lot of credit. But at least he was a good man

Whatever you do, don't visit Washington DC. There ain't a street, bridge, park, mall or parking garage not named after some evil fuckin' post-war Republican.

I was similarly frustrated reading this and really hoped I'd hear from you..

"Well we made some mistakes but I don't want to admit that the fault of them was conservatism in general. So let me tell you how we were always right but now is the time to regret what we did.."

Fuck this guy

Charlie Sykes has never not been an ass.

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

He's very sorry about it now

I posted it because I thought it was novel he admitted some kind of fault. Even with a shit ton of rationalization

So you let this happen why?

rd95  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

A joke stops being a joke as soon as someone starts taking it seriously.

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: September 20, 2017

I wish everyone could live vicariously through my poor decisions so everyone would be excited about life