We share good ideas and conversation here.   Login, Join Us, or Take a Tour!
tacocat's comments
tacocat  ·  24 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: So long hubski yet again

I'll be around a little longer. The rehab might have a computer lab. Probably not but maybe.

Anyway. I make seriously poor decisions regularly and decided to follow my heart when I was like 19 because I'm stupid and believed platitudes. I've wanted to give up many times but you need to be a fighter to live like I do

tacocat  ·  25 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: March 1, 2017

You can carve wood pretty quick with one of these

It's basically a high speed murder machine. But where's the fun in using power tools that can't kill or seriously maim you?

tacocat  ·  25 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Feature idea: What if we could buy badges to award?

Maybe I'm just having anxiety because I'm running out and I've always had enough. I also want hubski to get money

I have over a year of reddit gold because I paid for alien blue. It's very nearly useless. Badges are much better

I had a backlog of badges for a while and I'm running out. That's why I thought of this

My favorite thing about kale is until recently pizza hut was the largest purchaser of kale for years. They used it as a garnish for buffets and threw it away

tacocat  ·  25 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Ask Hubski - TNG in Europe. Where to go?

The Centre Pompidou in Paris if you like art. It's less well known than the Louvre but the building is supposed to be amazing itself. It's modern art so that may not be your thing. Also don't confuse modern art with contemporary art. We're talking like early 20th century to mid here so there's going to be actual incredible stuff and not a tampon in a teacup with a three page for artist statement

Thanks dude. You've been great

Got my tax refund. Money anxiety eased significantly. Facetimed for like an hour last night. Step dad is calling the rehab to see if he can get me in ASAP. Yesterday was actually kinda shitty but there's still a lot to be happy about

Cedar  ·  25 days ago  ·  link  ·

Keep up the good fight, I'll be on hangouts later tonight dude.

tacocat  ·  25 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thanks dude. You've been great

tacocat  ·  26 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Still homeless. But I just had one the greatest days of my life

I woke her up crying this morning because I was excited to tell hubski what happened. For some reason I really wanted to hear from you specifically. I don't know why. No offense to everyone else

lil  ·  26 days ago  ·  link  ·

I've been broken. I've been healed by the transformative power of love, the possibility of hope even in a dark time.

Another thing that strikes me about your story is the sudden transition from darkness to possibility. That's how it happens. One minute you're on a bridge: the next you're finding a sense of Oneness with another sentient being.

Finally all through your journey, the highs and the lows, you've understood this: Stories happen to those who can tell them. I always felt that even during your saddest times, you had a sense of the narrative possibilities, so you crafted a story out of the darkness and shared it with us out here in the Hubskiverse. Sharing it helps you carry it a little more lightly.

tacocat  ·  26 days ago  ·  link  ·

I know. I think I just forgot what it meant to be happy. Every other time I tried to quit it was because I got sick. But now it's like there's something to look forward to instead of just trying to avoid physical discomfort. I've never felt more confident that I can get better. And I've tried enough times now to know that might even be dangerous. Still I really truly want it now

You're young. The abuses you've heaped upon yourself can't compete with the havoc Father Time can wreak.

Only guy I know who died in detox was in his late 50s. You'll be fine.

tacocat  ·  26 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Who is your favorite rapper?

Eminem. I'm incredibly white

tacocat  ·  27 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: If life was fair would it still be interesting?

Good point. As usual. Now I feel entitled

There will always be someone better off than you, there will always be someone worse off. For me, the goal is to always be better off than that guy I was last year.

thenewgreen  ·  26 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's a good way of putting it.

I would define it for this question as certain bad things that you can't control not happening. If that makes sense