tacocat's comments
tacocat  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Inside AA with Tacocat: The Pre History of Alcoholics Anonymous

I need to get some evidence that the two founders were members of the Oxford Group. I should expand on the Oxford Group's beliefs too. I'm not an expert on them, I just know they existed and were exceedingly weird. I guess they may have had their own steps. Bear in mind that health insurance in the United States pays for people to go to sessions based on the beliefs of these people:

I know pretty much all of what I wrote through osmosis. AA doesn't keep this stuff secret, it's barely an organization really. Some members know this and some are willfully ignorant and some don't care at a all. I start to stress myself out when I get into the fine details of something. This wasn't exactly relaxing but I can stress myself out about details, evidence and sources when my life has stabilized.

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Trump cancels Kim summit amid North Korea 'hostility'

Someone over there called him a political idiot or something

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Inside AA with Tacocat: The Pre History of Alcoholics Anonymous

Not that I haven't written long properly punctuated replies on my phone before but I guess I'm not in the mood right now. It wasn't a dumb question it just had a really easy answer. Here are the steps:

1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

It's the 12th step

b_b  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Like I said, didn't know if it was a dumb question.

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

Hostility meaning personally insulting Trump. A man who can't differentiate between personal hostility and international hostility. Ya almost could have done something good ya fucking chode and of course a ding to your ego gets in the way

KapteinB  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

I haven't really been paying attention lately. Has Kim insulted Trump after they agreed to meet?

thenewgreen  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

They called Pence an idiot and political amateur. Which was a sideways way of calling Trump one.

ArtemusBlank  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Someone probably called Trump dotard again.

tacocat  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·

Someone over there called him a political idiot or something

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: May 23, 2018

Thank you.

I suppose my use of "when" instead of "if" is something like what I was talking about. I don't share half the shit I put myself through and I still got some gas in the tank

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Incel Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Ku klux klan ain't nothin to fuck with

There you go. They're rife for parody and it fits syllabically

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: May 23, 2018

Gotcha, bud

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: May 23, 2018

😐

It doesn't get better. That doesn't mean it gets worse. It continues. The capacity for improvement increases with freedom but that's not without the risk of a capacity for truly crushing failures.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem," is some grade A "I want to throat punch you now," dismissive platidudinous bullshit that is usually trotted out by people who don't understand what it's like to not want to live.

Suicide is the ultimate expression of hopelessness. Keep hope alive and you can probably not get to that point. How? Understand that even if you are plagued with insecurity and a self awareness that makes you analyze every mistake and decision and character trait you have, that you are valuable for reasons you have to come to understand yourself

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: May 23, 2018

Life is shit. Will report back retrospectively when things improve

lil  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

yes, but I thought your comment to Q was wise and thoughtful.

tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Thank you.

Sorry, this comment is private.
tacocat  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Historical Truth about the Democrat and Republican Party.

I read his bio on his profile and I'm not sure he knows what a troll is. I'd bet he thinks he's sharing startling, esoteric information with some poor unfortunates. He's like our own Jehovah's Witness knocking on the door to tell us stuff he thinks we don't know. Except antagonistic and spreading the good news about the republican party

cgod  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

It's cool, hoots and I have agreed and disagreed many times over the years. He's blind to racism as only and old white Republican can be. He's mostly a thoughtful conservative but that's what makes his fantasy's so galling.

And here's the truth about PragerU from someone who's only qualification is common sense

tacocat  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Good Point Governor

You're cute

tacocat  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Wired | Sam Harris and the Myth of Perfectly Rational Thought

No and based on your statement I was assuming it was a history. I'm disappointed it's not a history of hundreds of years of European history based on a class he took in the sixties. I was expecting this

But serious and starring Immanuel Kant, the Founding Fathers and Isaac Newton

Odder  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Nope! Pinker is just that rare idiot who actually managed to fall for all the propaganda they fed us in school while still somehow being aware and intelligent enough to remember or care about it.