steve's comments
steve  ·  12 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: February 21, 2018

I'll just mingle in both establishments...

lil  ·  12 hours ago  ·  link  ·

Maybe this is where I tell you that we love each other about equally, considering we've only talked once over skype. Are you thrilled with your new job? It looks like they let you bar-hop during a work day.

steve  ·  12 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: PUBSKI: but not the real one : PUB IS CLOSED, party next door.

is this the part where we tell each other that we love the other more? because

I LOVE YOU MORE

steve  ·  13 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: PUBSKI: but not the real one : PUB IS CLOSED, party next door.

clink

steve  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Impromptu LA Hubski meetup Feb 20

Pics or it didn’t happen

mk  ·  22 hours ago  ·  link  ·
kleinbl00  ·  22 hours ago  ·  link  ·

lurker of the century award for glowinthedark:

badges given: 0 of 0

member for: 2361 days

style: normal

mk  ·  22 hours ago  ·  link  ·

I just followed him, hoping he'll do something someday.

glowinthedark  ·  21 hours ago  ·  link  ·

Hello world.

am_Unition  ·  21 hours ago  ·  link  ·

sup

kleinbl00  ·  22 hours ago  ·  link  ·

Maybe he'll post that awesome Instagram video.

mk  ·  21 hours ago  ·  link  ·

They changed the body the year I graduated.

kleinbl00  ·  21 hours ago  ·  link  ·
thenewgreen  ·  21 hours ago  ·  link  ·

That’s an all time lurker award, for sure.

Great to see you, friend. I think we will hang no less than 3 more times in 2018!!!!

Hold me

To it.

veen  ·  22 hours ago  ·  link  ·

So cool! Wish I was there.

demure  ·  22 hours ago  ·  link  ·

I think insom has some!

steve  ·  2 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Impromptu LA Hubski meetup Feb 20

frantically checks last minute plane ticket prices

steve  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Married members of Hubski. How did you come to decide to marry the person you did?

This is timely.

The wife and I celebrated nineteen years this weekend. Which is really weird to type out, let alone say... because I still feel like I’m about 28... despite being considerably older.

I only knew my wife for two weeks before I proposed. I just knew. It was a spiritual experience meeting her. Time slowed down. I just knew.

Hospitals in Canada can physically restrain you?

OftenBen  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hospitals all over the world can physically restrain you if they believe you are a danger to yourself or others.

coffeesp00ns  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·

No, only in America is it something you need to worry about doing, save for a rare potential circumstance where you might be being committed to an institution against your will.

Out of the "western" world, only in America does one need to worry about making a daring escape from the hospital to avoid paying for necessary, lifesaving care.

steve  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: February 7, 2018

How did the fast go?

I’ve been doing a few 24hr fasts lately, but I’ve found I need some comeaderie for the longer ones. My wife did 2 of 3 days with me last time and determined she REALLY didn’t want to do it again.

So let me know when you’re starting the next time around.

mk  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

This time wasn’t so bad. It is much easier with support. I probably won’t do it again for another year at the minimum.

steve  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: February 7, 2018

Sorry to hear brother. This storm dumped a lot of snow on those mitten state roads.

I hope his recovery is swift

steve  ·  13 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: February 7, 2018

life is a remix. you remixed well.

Toughen the fuck up.

lil... this might go on the list of slogans/mottos

or maybe even a new sticker

lil  ·  13 days ago  ·  link  ·

My morning giggle. Thanks steve. Damn - when are we going to giggle face to face.

Speaking of toughening up, I just wrote a workshop called: Against Entropy: Building Resilience for an Uncertain Future. (New Subtitle: Toughen the fuck up for an uncertain future.)

I have to go do this workshop NOW, in another city. Just leaving the house will toughen me up. SNOW SNOW SNOW.

I have four ways for building resilience (and just added a section subtitle: Toughen the fuck up when times are good so you can get through the crises when times are bad. and mknod I have improv exercises between every section.

So the workshop is for women scientists. My topics include embrace ambiguity - I wonder how that will fly. That's where improv comes in, since you never know what's going to happen in improv (if you're doing it right).

I wrote this: Embrace Ambiguity: The more attached we are to outcomes, the harder it is to recover from setbacks. I made that up. I'm guessing it's true, but I'd need kleinbl00 to confirm.

This workshop will toughen me the fuck up. It's been too easy for me since I recovered from HURRICANE IRMA. Ha ha, there's a hurricane around every corner.

It's hardly original.

steve  ·  13 days ago  ·  link  ·

life is a remix. you remixed well.

flac's talents (including genuine humility) seem to know no bounds.

Sorry, this comment is private.
steve  ·  13 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: FALCON HEAVY IS A GO! Tuesday 1:30PM EST

I couldn't be happier that you sent this!

I'm not embarrassed to say that I get goose bumps and almost tear up at this stuff.

steve  ·  15 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: FALCON HEAVY IS A GO! Tuesday 1:30PM EST

synchronized swimming is dead.

LONG LIVE SYNCHRONIZED ROCKET BOOSTER LANDING

francopoli  ·  15 days ago  ·  link  ·

I screamed at the PC when that went down.