psychoticmilkman's comments
psychoticmilkman  ·  13 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser - YouTube

I've liked them all so far, but this one I was worried about most. Sad about the drama, because I would have liked to see Lord and Miller in the Star Wars universe.

But, Ron Howard is amazing, and now we get Ron Howard in the Star Wars universe! I'm excited. It looks so good.

psychoticmilkman  ·  34 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: January 17, 2018

Okay, but now you've got to post photos of your whisky bar when it's done. I've often thought I would like to make a bar/cabinet of my own one day.

psychoticmilkman  ·  35 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Minecraft Realm

invite sent

No worries at all. My friend and I have played on and off together for a while, so it was nice to get the realm back up and play again. It will probably be up for a while now, so I figure if anyone else wants in, the more the merrier.

psychoticmilkman  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: January 10, 2018

Mine has drawings on it. I feel like I saw a whiteboard used in a meeting once...didn't really contribute much, we all had the same info on our computers.

Love the Keto Diet. Good luck, I need to get my head out of my ass and get back to it.

I'm sad for you that Horizon 3 isn't working for you, it's one of my favorite games. In a couple months some games (Horizon for sure) are getting 4k updates. It still won't run 4k on an Xbox One S, but I hope the update fixes it for you. It's a really well made game.

I've only recently started keeping a daily schedule and writing lists down. I think its helping, but I need to be more consistent with it.

Comfy seats often come with inversely comfortable responsibilities.

This is my new favorite saying. I'm going to write it up on my whiteboard. (I have a whiteboard in my office too!)

OftenBen  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

What else are whiteboards for really?

psychoticmilkman  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

I'm exhausted.

Work is stressful. I barely have enough employees to cover our needs, So I'm picking up a lot of the extra hours. I have a LOT of different projects I'm working on and a lot of the small day to day stuff has gotten hard to handle.

The holidays have made my time off busy, which I dislike : /

I just feel like I haven't had any time to stop, breathe, and regroup in the last couple months.

Overall, things have just been super busy. But things are good.

Being married is weird. But also exactly the same (which is nice). I just don't know if I'll ever get used to the word "wife", she'll always be my girlfriend.

Also, I have an office at work now.

Like, my own office, with a door and a big desk and large comfy chair.

Having an office is kinda dope.

OftenBen  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

I am enamored of the word 'fiancee.' We really enjoy using it, especially around family who get a lil uncomfortable when they hear it because we are both the oldest children in our respective families.

Congrats on the office and chair. Comfy seats often come with inversely comfortable responsibilities. Hope things settle out and you're able to find the staff you need and a schedule that works for you rather than against you.

I am enamored of the word 'fiancee.' We really enjoy using it,

...did I miss something?

Something IMPORTANT?

OftenBen  ·  40 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ooops.

It's almost non-news to us, ha. Just formalizing something we both have felt and known for a while.

nowaypablo  ·  40 days ago  ·  link  ·

Motherfucker you snapchat me your dinner but don’t tell me you’re engaged??

RIGHT?

OftenBen  ·  40 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ha, sorry hoss.

What can I say? I don't feel any different, she doesn't feel any different. We've been having conversations related to it for a while.

We were talking with her little cousins around the holidays and one of the middle-school aged boys asked me all wide eyed 'Wait, you asked my cousin to marry you? What if she said no?' and I had to explain to him that you don't just ask someone that question out of the blue. You have to talk about it first and make sure you want similar things in life.

Silly rabbit. First off, CONGRATULATIONS. I'm glad neither of you feel any different. That bodes well.

Some helpful advice? The reason you don't feel any different is this isn't news to you it's news to everyone around you. A marriage isn't really a deal between you and your spouse so much as it's a deal between you and your spouse and society. As such, you will experience less friction if you look at everything through the lens of "what would my casual friends and family think?"

Which is not to say you aren't driving the bus... but how you choose to conduct yourself through this awkward engagement period is pretty much a choice as to how you wish to present the union to those around you. And societal expectations are pretty set on "don't bury the lede." It makes people feel awkward. Celebrations aren't for us, they're for the people around us and you don't want to deny people the right to celebrate with you (on your terms - but you have to give them the notice).

Also - don't go with the ring you want. Go with the ring she wants. TRUST ME ON THIS.

From what I know jewelry is largely designed in Rhino these days.

OftenBen  ·  39 days ago  ·  link  ·

You think my thick-fingered self is gonna draft this up solo? It's a very collaborative process. Collaborative in that she doesn't really care for jewelry and would just as soon stop by the courthouse on our way to pick up milk. My girl is all about meaning, could give half a fuck about the symbols used.

blackbootz  ·  40 days ago  ·  link  ·

BRUH. CONGRATULATIONS!

OftenBen  ·  40 days ago  ·  link  ·

Why thank you!

psychoticmilkman  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

Comfy seats often come with inversely comfortable responsibilities.

OftenBen  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

What else are whiteboards for really?

psychoticmilkman  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

goobster  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

I've found that "wife" is the legal designation, and "my love" is the personal one.

"I'll ask my love if she's available on Wednesday..."

"My wife and I would like to apply for a loan..."

Just wait until you start wondering about the modifier my, and whether that sounds like you OWN her, or...

Dala  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

This is my office even at full staff so I feel you. I have to write down everything I need to do or it won't happen and every time I look at my to do list it feels a little like I have fallen into a pit that keeps getting deeper no matter how hard I climb. Keep pushing and hopefully we will make it through!

psychoticmilkman  ·  41 days ago  ·  link  ·

Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
psychoticmilkman  ·  90 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: November 22, 2017

I have a Minecraft Realm subscription and anyone interested is welcome to play.

Just comment or message me your Minecraft Java Username and I'll send you an invite.

The Realm is $8 a month, so It's no big deal, but in the future I may set up a Paypal donation if people are interested in keeping it around long term.

psychoticmilkman  ·  90 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What are you playing?

It's done, I have a survival realm up, just comment or message me with your Minecraft Java Username and I'll send you an invite.

psychoticmilkman  ·  91 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What are you playing?

I'm terrible with redstone... I use it to decorate. haha.

kantos  ·  90 days ago  ·  link  ·

As far as I'm concerned, we'll make for a great combo of skills then!