psychoticmilkman's comments

Reddit sleuths have already started to hero-worship: https://old.reddit.com/r/SeaTacRich

His youtube, blog and soundcloud are still up for now. Pretty sad story, he and his wife were fond of travelling and loved bakeries.

Audio from the hijacked plane. Trigger warning, I guess, I found it damn depressing. Pretty interesting to find he was trying to literally go out in a blaze of glory.

OftenBen  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

I asked my counselor a long time ago about people you see talking with themselves, imaginary others or God on the subway, streetcorner, etc. He has experience with this sort of person and I asked him something to the effect of 'Are they suffering? Are they aware of their circumstances?' and he said that those who are far gone into imaginary worlds typically don't suffer much in the way that we understand it. He said that those who suffer the most are those to whom our shared reality is just out of phase enough that they get to perceive it but not participate in it wholly.

This guy had been going along with the big game we've all made up between ourselves. I stay in my lane you stay in yours and nobody has a head on collision on their way to work or their parent's house or church or whatever. Play your part, try to make your way, try to not hurt others, try to bring some joy into the world. And then something changed, and I don't think we will ever know what it was exactly that pushed 'Rich' to do what he did today. My suspicion is a long, deep, quiet suffering.

psychoticmilkman  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

psychoticmilkman  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: SPACE FORCE

I need someone to take the first logo (the obvious NASA logo recolor) and make the yellow swoop look more like Trumps hair...I need this enough I may just attempt this in Photoshop later.

psychoticmilkman  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 8, 2018

Ooh. I felt this one.

I need to watch more Alien movies. I've only seen the first and that was only recently. It was pretty excellent.

francopoli  ·  21 days ago  ·  link  ·

There are only three Alien movies. The first two are fantastic the third is meh.

coffeesp00ns  ·  15 days ago  ·  link  ·

There's a fourth (Resurrection),unless you're trying to forget it exists - which some Aliens fans do.

psychoticmilkman  ·  21 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: OC - _ref_ Makes Trash Art

I would consider purchasing a handmade book if you ever decided to sell any. Just so you know. This is cool.

Everything the Coen Brothers do in their films is super particular and done on purpose. I'm glad to hear they didn't stray from the source, I admit I haven't read the book because I love the film so much, I was worried it would ruin it for me.

tacocat  ·  22 days ago  ·  link  ·

I will often read a book after seeing the movie because that's how basic I am. With No Country for Old Men I kept asking myself what the point of reading the book was since it's almost exactly like the movie.

_refugee_  ·  20 days ago  ·  link  ·

Let’s talk about the big Lebowski and exemplifying film noir :) :) :)

psychoticmilkman  ·  20 days ago  ·  link  ·

Low or high level, they're still trying to sell you something. I understand there's a place for it, but sometimes I just want no one to try and sell me anything for a few minutes out of my day. Unfortunately it can get extremely frustrating once you realize how many ads are shoved at you regularly. Or realizing you can't actually ask the salesman a question about a product/service because he doesn't have your needs in mind, just his commission.

Maybe the issue is with low level marketers is they're too focused on ads and sales and less so on the public relations and company image they're putting out.

The frustration builds up and I also tend to instantly judge and hate people who are "in marketing" or are salespeople. No offense intended, you're pretty awesome....I just don't want you to try to sell me anything.

So I don't think I have an absolute favorite Genre, but I'm definitely into Crime Dramas.

I always seem to think about No Country for Old Men, and have compared it to probably too many films.

It has everything it needs. Creepy mysterious bad guy, bit's of relatable human drama. Some dramatic action scenes. Most of the characters have you rooting for them despite their obvious flaws and the fact that they're against each other.

Highly recommend.

tacocat  ·  22 days ago  ·  link  ·

The book is basically the screenplay. I haven't read it since the movie came out but the Cohen brothers changed very little

psychoticmilkman  ·  22 days ago  ·  link  ·

tacocat  ·  22 days ago  ·  link  ·

_refugee_  ·  20 days ago  ·  link  ·

Let’s talk about the big Lebowski and exemplifying film noir :) :) :)

psychoticmilkman  ·  20 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh, but there's poetry!

I, candidate Goodspaceguy, am trying to decrease poverty.

I, economist Goodspaceguy, am trying to increase prosperity.

I want us to build a full-employment … free market … utopia.

Let’s expand the equilibrium, free market machine that produces utopia.

I love competitive capitalism.

Capitalism is the best.

Capitalism raises our living standard,

Better than all the rest.

Better than the poverty of the incentive-killing welfarism,

Better than the poverty of intrusive, gross governmental-ism.

Better than the use of force by socialism.

The competitive free market system is the best.

The competitive free market system is better than all the rest.

The free market system is better than crumbly communism.

The free market system is better than shoddy socialism.

The free market system is better than gross governmentalism.

The free market system is better than wormy welfarism.

I want jobs, jobs, jobs, and more jobs.

I want jobs for everyone.

I want jobs for your mothers.

I want jobs for your brothers.

Also, according to Wikipedia (because his own site doesn't seem to explain it)

Originally named Michael George Nelson, he legally added "Goodspaceguy" to his name in 2006, becoming "Michael George Goodspaceguy Nelson."

Favorite Books: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I bet his favorite character is Zaphod Beeblebrox: briefly the President of the Galaxy (a role that involves no power whatsoever, and merely requires the incumbent to attract attention so no one wonders who's really in charge, a role for which Zaphod was perfectly suited).

psychoticmilkman  ·  28 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What song most reminds you of middle school? (Must be over 18 to play)

Early Middle School. Had a class where, for a few weeks, we had computer courses. The computer lab at the time did not have enough computers for all 30ish students. So the teacher split us into guys and girls, and every other day one group would take the computer courses while the other stayed in the classroom to do some mostly unsupervised book work. The girls early on asked if they could listen to music while doing book work. We were all a pretty good group so the teacher accepted and music was allowed for the group stuck in the classroom for the duration of the computer courses.

The girls were very excited because NSYNC's No Strings Attached had just come out. So that got played on repeat quite a bit. The guys were not enthused when the teacher expected us to also listen to No Strings Attached... instead some guys brought their own music. No too long before Blink 182's Enema of the State had come out, and we managed to play that for a few classes in a row before the teacher stepped in and actually heard some of the lyrics. Music wasn't allowed after that, not even for the girls.

It also happened to be my introduction to Blink 182, and Enema of the State is still my favorite album.

psychoticmilkman  ·  28 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Headed North

But is does just mean the Upper Peninsula, right? I had no idea locals had a pronunciation for the acronym.

thenewgreen  ·  28 days ago  ·  link  ·

It does.

psychoticmilkman  ·  32 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Chefs of Hubski. What are some of your favorite vegetarian dishes to make?

Beautiful. I love that!