psychoticmilkman's comments
psychoticmilkman  ·  9 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Sesame Street creators sue over The Happytime Murders puppet film

Right!? Avenue Q may not have used the words "Sesame Street", but it was an obvious parody. And every media report ever compared it to Sesame Street. I feel like it would be more likely for an unfamiliar person to mistake Avenue Q with ties to Sesame Street than The Happytime Murders.

I've re-watched the entire show leading up to Season 5. Have you seen the season 4 remix? I liked the original cut more I think.

am_Unition  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

Haven't seen the remix. Someone last night was telling me that they found the original season 4 too dark, because it showed the arc of a single character each episode, which inevitably descended into failure. The remix has these failures sprinkled in, so they're not as much of the focus. I'll watch the remix someday, but I'm ready for season 5 as is. :)

psychoticmilkman  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Sci-Fi club, let's get some new faces in here

Just as an update to a past #scificlub thread

They've announced casting for the Full Length Kung Fury movie that is actually happening.

zebra2  ·  10 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh god, I don't know if this is good or bad.

psychoticmilkman  ·  17 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: LDS Church severing all ties with Boy Scouts over girls'n'gays

I worked for the BSA from 04-06. I was raised LDS and almost every man in my huge-cliche-like extended family was involved in scouting for some time.

Even before I worked for them, the BSA was tightening their belts because the LDS Church was getting less involved, refusing to renew property leases, donating less and threatening to pull away completely.

In my 20ish years of scouting, there have always been openly gay scouts and leaders. Occasionally you'd hear of someone being forced to resign, or a scout leaving for being hurt or attacked. Unfortunately there are assholes in every crowd. Overall the Scouts in the program were accepting, no one cared about anyone else's sexual preference...It was a non issue a lot of the time. But what do I know, I'm a Millennial.

The Church however...well it took them until 1978 to start treating black members "equally". Same sex marriage has only been legal in Utah for 4 years, it's going to take them quite a while before there's a revelation from the Lord that The Gays are normal people who can raise functional families.

Women have always been a huge part of Scouting, there are a lot of adult leadership positions available. But girls were never allowed in the program and most high level leadership positions are simply unavailable to women because it quite literally was a boys club. Becoming more inclusive will be great for Scouting and may be what helps save them.

I hope the Scouts survive. I hope they've been preparing enough : )

I may actually look into volunteering with them again now they'll be more separate from the grumpy white men in the LDS Church.

ThurberMingus  ·  17 days ago  ·  link  ·

I got to see the best of side of scouting -- I joined a troop as it was taking a turn towards more high adventure camping, while there were a bunch of adults involved who did a great job of encouraging youth leadership while there were a great group of boys leading and a good community add more members.

After I was out, after the BSA made an official decision to allow openly gay members, the troop disbanded, mostly because the church chartering the troop wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, and there weren't enough people involved who really wanted to continue to move the troop to a new charter organization.

I hope I'm able to find some organization like the troop I was in if I have kids.

psychoticmilkman  ·  18 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Every time you smoke weed, the cops kill a puppy

Officers in parts of Washington state have either attempted to retrain their animals to ignore pot or, for new police dogs, taught them to smell all narcotics other than cannabis. In other states, agencies have kept their pot-sniffing dogs and continued to search for large amounts of the drug not allowed under the law, although a recent legal challenge could soon change that.

If I recall correctly, most K-9's are bred in Europe and go through a lot of expensive training before joining a precinct. I can understand the idea of someone seeing that as wasted now.

So...utilize the current K-9's and just don't arrest someone with small amounts of pot. Then upon entry, don't have the new k-9's trained to sniff it out.

The money is spent, don't throw it out, just don't spend it again next time.

psychoticmilkman  ·  18 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: May 9, 2018

I got you. I have an extra and I don't use them enough. Plus, this is excellent.

Oh my god...this is Bill Cosby teaching children how to use drugs, set to music.

psychoticmilkman  ·  31 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 25, 2018

I browse global. I tent to prefer a chronological list instead of posts based on popularity. So....not I.

psychoticmilkman  ·  39 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 18, 2018

How's the mice thing coming?

One of our rats died this week. Wife took it pretty hard. It'd be nice if I could stop the other one, or our aging cat from leaving : /

mk  ·  39 days ago  ·  link  ·

So far, so good. Knock on wood.

psychoticmilkman  ·  51 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Would you rent a watch?

I could only spend a couple hundred on a watch ever. And I only ever have one at a time.

If I had extra money and wanted something REALLY fancy for an occasion, or wanted to try a few out before buying a much nicer watch, maybe I'd consider a rental service. But I'd never consider an ongoing subscription for watches.

psychoticmilkman  ·  54 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, what do you make notes of?

I started keeping a schedule this year, and I'm using a simple bullet journal style. A page for each week, and a random page here or there to track something, or write up a quick rant or journal entry. I'm still kinda bad at writing down future plans, but it has come in really handy to look back and find the dates that events took place.

Dala  ·  53 days ago  ·  link  ·

It is useful for knowing when things happened and you can look back and see what you have accomplished as well!

psychoticmilkman  ·  59 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: March 28, 2018

I recommend Disney World.

psychoticmilkman  ·  61 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, what's your favourite TV show that is more than 20 years old?

MASH

My cat's name is Radar.

Favorite Episodes:

O.R.

Point Of View

Abyssinia, Henry

Old Soldiers

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

Plus so many more and any with Sidney Freedman or Col Flagg.

psychoticmilkman  ·  69 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: How to hang a picture on a wall for your wife

Excellent.

Reminds me of this:

troischiens  ·  69 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's a funny one there psychoticmilkman

Sorry, this comment is private.