We share good ideas and conversation here.   Login, Join Us, or Take a Tour!
mk's comments
mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 16, 2017

Congrats on the new house! I can't wait to sleep on your couch!

steve  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

No couches for you! GUEST BEDROOM!

(I'm a little excited)

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 16, 2017

Lol

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 16, 2017

I changed the date. Sorry everyone.

Drinks on me.

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 16, 2017

I opened the door thinking it was Wednesday.

I suppose that tells the story I need to tell.

I can't paint out here in CA, and it would do me some good.

EDIT: Farley's Loo

flac  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

I just about shat my pants when I saw this, because Wednesday this week is my first day of work and I would already be about 2 hours late for it if it were Wednesday.

kleinbl00  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Shit be like Christmas. By the time you've hit Series B we'll be celebrating it on Saturday.

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Lol

galen  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

Happy Wednesday mk :)

mk  ·  1 day ago  ·  link  ·

I changed the date. Sorry everyone.

Drinks on me.

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 9, 2017

I'm in San Diego at RAADfest, a life extension conference. It's my first time here. My impression is that the people her span the gamut. I had a couple of interesting conversations already, however.

Today my daughter drew the sun and its heliosphere and started explaining to my wife what it is. I have never been so proud. She learned it on her own from her iPad somehow.

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What happened to ThatFanficGuy?

Please send him my best.

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 9, 2017

mk am I missing something, when did this become a "discuss" button and "contribute" button?

Last night.

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 9, 2017

I love self-birthday presents like this. Not nearly as creative, but a few years ago I memorized Hamlet's to be or not to be soliloquy for my b-day. I still have it.

I have been in PST the last weeks, and have found it easier to open the pub before falling asleep.

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 9, 2017

This is good.

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Our broken economy in one simple chart

Funny, because that graph is largely the reason that Trump won. His baseball hat promised to return us the earlier graph.

Once upon a time, b_b and I got a call for grant proposals titled EUREKA (Exceptional Unconventional Research Enabling Knowledge Acceleration).

We submitted a grant suggesting the transplantation of young bone marrow to old mice, called BATHORY (Bone marrow Autologous Transplantation Helping the Old Regain Youth).

We did not get that grant.

Dala  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·

That's a fantastic name for a such a project. You should have gotten the grant on that fact alone.

mk  ·  9 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Does anyone know anything about personal finance stuff?

My advice is put 10% in ETH. Hold the rest in cash until the market tanks, which should happen in the next few years. Then put that in some index funds.

mk  ·  14 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: My first portrait painting: River Gao

Thanks!

mk  ·  14 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: August 2, 2017

thenewgreen lent me Pedro Páramo by Juan Rulfo for the plane yesterday.

It is a wonderfully melancholy book. In describing it, I related to a friend that it is 'breath and death'. It's practically a meditation on the inescapable pull of death and how that mocks us all.

Probably not the best read while preparing for a longevity talk.

mk  ·  14 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Bitcoin Cash starts today

Yep.

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.