mk's comments
mk  ·  15 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 19, 2019

I'm still fighting spam bots. I removed the bio for folks without a hubwheel. The bio was their dumping ground. Fucking spammers.

Going to China very soon.

Do me a solid and search your spam folder for hubski emails. If you find one, label it "not spam". Let me know if you find one. :)

Dala  ·  14 hours ago  ·  link  ·

Checked my spam folder as soon as I saw there were issues and marked 2 emails as not spam.

Dala  ·  14 hours ago  ·  link  ·
This comment has been deleted.
wasoxygen  ·  14 hours ago  ·  link  ·

I removed the bio

@websitetasker is still rolling in it.

Can't remember the last time I received an e-mail notification; nothing in junk mail.

Devac  ·  15 hours ago  ·  link  ·

Actually, I didn't receive any emails (responses, shout-outs, badges) from Hubski since 4th of June. Didn't change settings (send everything), email address (gmail btw) or anything else.

And I mean didn't receive anything. It's not even in the spam folder.

If you need any data I can post them here or send them via mail.

mk  ·  16 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 19, 2019

Congratulations! I'm really interested to hear about the Lambda School experience. It makes a ton of sense for coding. Coding is 99% of learning to code.

mk  ·  16 hours ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The shittiest photos you'll ever see of a $3.6m condo

In 5 of 15 you can kinda see the guy taking it. Silver camera, sunglasses, khakis, and a possibly a pen-stuffed breast pocket.

kleinbl00  ·  11 hours ago  ·  link  ·

Yeah. Some old shitty point'n'shoot Sony A75 or some shit. To go with his AOL.com email address.

Who the fuck doesn't stage a $3.6m condo overlooking Central Fucking Park?

God damn I miss Lovely Listing.

mk  ·  5 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 12, 2019

I re-opened account creation with a custom math captcha. Hope it does the trick for a bit.

Now to emails...

keifermiller  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

No spam posts on the falafel post.

:thumbs up:

mk  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 12, 2019

Congratulations! That’s awesome. :)

mk  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 334th Weekly "Share Some Music You've Been Into Lately" Thread

mk  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 12, 2019

I pretty much finished mike's painting last night. I'm calling it "View of the Fjord". Fjord is a great word. I learned some lighting tricks, as well as some things not to do. This was inspired by a photo that Mike took. I think I'm going to do an original next.

Hubski is still on lockdown. I tried to open the gates, but we had about 1 bot per minute signing up. The captcha isn't doing its job. I was working on an email activation, but then a black fly landed in my chardonnay; we've been added to some spam lists that Google and Microsoft reference. I'm now working on that.

We just had a wooden fence installed that includes our lot, and the vacant one behind it that we got last year. It would kick Danielsan's ass.

Camping this weekend!

mk  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Mozilla will reportedly launch a paid version of Firefox this fall

Test reply.

applewood  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·

. . . I'm horribly tempted to promote your alt, but am worried as to whether or not that being unpromoted is part of its debugging purpose.

mk  ·  8 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: PSA: It looks like Google is blocking Hubski emails.

Ha. Perhaps, but I don't think so. It seems to be an authentication issue where Google has upped their game. I don't think we've been blacklisted, just that we fell off the best practices list. Working on it atm.

UPDATE: Maybe we are. Outlook says we are on a blocklist. Grrr.

mk  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: More evidence that autism is linked to gut bacteria

Glysophate?

katakowsj  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·

Worth looking into for sure.

mk  ·  12 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: PSA: 'Join Hubski' is temporary disabled.

I don't think bots and spammers care.

mk  ·  14 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: June 5, 2019

I'm in Denver with thenewgreen atm. Heading home today.

I think I'm adding an email activation step in account creation, and in doing so, we can maybe remove the promotion mechanism.

I'm going to China for the first time in several years later this month. I'm excited to see what has changed.

mk  ·  15 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Right here, right now

Hugs.

mk  ·  16 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: 'I Am A Woman': Track Star Caster Semenya Continues Her Fight To Compete As A Female

I agree. Intersex (genotype) is rare, and in those cases you could use something like testosterone. It just seems odd to use a moving and modifiable target as the primary factor.

(a) she must be recognised at law either as female or as intersex (or equivalent);

(b) she must reduce her blood testosterone level to below five (5) nmol/L for a continuous period of at least six months (e.g., by use of hormonal contraceptives); and

(c) thereafter she must maintain her blood testosterone level below five (5) nmol/L continuously (ie: whether she is in competition or out of competition) for so long as she wishes to remain eligible.

This seems such a weird and arbitrary determination. So a male record-holder could legally become female or intersex, artificially lower his/her testosterone levels, and sweep? It's doping in the other direction. XY/XX is so simple. It's what causes testosterone differences.

rthomas6  ·  16 days ago  ·  link  ·

If we use chromosomes, what about a person who was born intersex, and does not have a distinct XX or XY? Born XY? Sure, rule them out. Born with an indeterminate sex? Testosterone levels must be sufficiently low.

Besides, Could such a person sweep after lowering their testosterone levels for a continuous period of six months or longer? I'm not so sure. At an elite level I'd think that would make an enormous difference.

mk  ·  16 days ago  ·  link  ·