We share good ideas and conversation here.   Login, Join Us, or Take a Tour!
hubski's comments
hubski  ·  296 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: /tmi seems to be broken

Thanks jadedog. 2017 is going to be a good year for Hubski. :)

hubski  ·  884 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Update: Homepage

Oh good. I was worried for a moment there.

Wait, how are you getting through the paywalls?!

coffeesp00ns  ·  884 days ago  ·  link  ·

I sell my teeth and hair to pay for them.

hubski  ·  884 days ago  ·  link  ·

Oh good. I was worried for a moment there.

thenewgreen  ·  882 days ago  ·  link  ·

mk said we should accept Bitcoin. I said, "no. No way! Everyone knows the real future of currency are teeth and hair."

I just realized that we can make global chatter a homepage option. Ill do that.

I just realized my typo. :) Fixed that.

Too updates!

coffeesp00ns  ·  884 days ago  ·  link  ·

I wanted to tease and cheers you at the same time, because I just can't quit you, hubski.

hubski  ·  1026 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The State of Hubski: 2014

Fixed. You saw it before you were supposed to.

The new version features live fucking markup.

Thanks, kb.

WOO HOO

hubski  ·  1277 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Ignore, mute, and hush: how they work, and how you expect them to work

Huh. I have never used 1password. I'll look into it.

I forgot the shout-out part of the vampire invite: kleinbl00.

mk  ·  1277 days ago  ·  link  ·

Wow. I am almost tempted to leave it this way.

...but once I'd drilled up there, I could reply down here.

It makes sense to leave it, but make the way it works a little more common-sense and consistent.

mk  ·  1277 days ago  ·  link  ·

I am going to have to walk through it in the code and in action. However, I think that I know what is going on, and there may be a way for the vampire to get in without an invite. That much, we can't have.

fishontheplate  ·  1277 days ago  ·  link  ·

By shouting himself out with an alt account? How would you prevent that?

Don't be almost tempted. However, you should fix it a little bit. Because I had to drill up to this comment to be able to reply...

Also_kleinbl00  ·  1277 days ago  ·  link  ·

Don't worry too much about the 1password thing. I think there was some re-jiggering that screwed some stuff up globally; I deleted the login and re-added it and it's behaving now.

Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
Sorry, this comment is private.
hubski  ·  1732 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski PSA: Working out some 'bugski's

And we are back.

hubski  ·  2351 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Update: Mixing up the UI.
UPDATE: To address this, I've added a close button in the upper-right of the hover-display.

I have only my iPhone on me to test it, but it seemed to work well. If you have an iPad at your disposal, please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks again for catching this.

bhousel  ·  2351 days ago  ·  link  ·
Thanks! The close button works well on my android phone.
Thanks. I too found this issue this morning, bhousel. However, on the laptop/desktop, I do like the ease of closing the display on a mouseover. I'll work on a tablet/phone solution.
hubski  ·  2356 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Updates: Mixing it up.
UPDATE: I've had enough feedback to the effect that the comments on the right of the mainpage are not ideal. Most importantly, my wife really dislikes them. :) In addition, there has been some criticism and confusion regarding the hovertext placement and content. I am currently working on a new design that will address both of these issues.

Expect a UI update in the next few days.

hubski  ·  2363 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Update: Hubbing.
A small hub-bug has been found. When you click 'next page' in a hub or hubfeed, it breaks. I've found the problem, but the solution takes a bit of diligent code editing. :) It should work properly by tomorrow. -Thanks.

UPDATE: I've implemented a fix. The 'next page's of the Hub and Hubfeed are slightly abbbreviated. Over time, I will be doing some more work here that will alter the format of these extended pages.

hubski  ·  2379 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski Updates: Saving and scores.
Email sent.