elizabeth's comments
elizabeth  ·  6 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 18, 2018

Welding seems like so much fun. I've talked my boyfriend's father into teaching me how to weld, and I've tried for the first time a couple days ago. It was so much fun! I can't wait to try again until I'm not garbage anymore :) Who knew I'd someday be welding some rusted metal in a Ukrainian village...

elizabeth  ·  7 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: April 18, 2018

It's been one full week of daily travel vlogs for me! Currently in Kiev, going to Odessa next followed by Lviv, Warsaw and Berlin. It's a bit exhausting, but i'm loving it right now.

elizabeth  ·  21 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Help Is Not Coming - The 2018 Barkley Marathons

I’d love to read that! I’ve gone down the Barkley Marsthon rabbit hole pretty deep this week, would love to hear more general marathon stories.

Yes! I noticed that too!

elizabeth  ·  22 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Help Is Not Coming - The 2018 Barkley Marathons

Yes! This youtube channel I watch a lot released this video last week:

It shows this guy who's in OK shape run a whole marathon without any training. It's really hard, but with the proper mental outlook, it's possible!

Creativity  ·  21 days ago  ·  link  ·

I should probably write something about my Marathon experience, that was a fun watch.

elizabeth  ·  21 days ago  ·  link  ·

wasoxygen  ·  21 days ago  ·  link  ·

Heh, at 7:00 he caught Gary's reaction to the book Six Seconds.

elizabeth  ·  21 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yes! I noticed that too!

elizabeth  ·  22 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: What's new Hubski?

Welcome back! We have a weekly Pubski now where we talk about whatever - but a lot of that is life updates :)

elizabeth  ·  28 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: March 28, 2018

Burning Man ticket sale is today, wish me luck!

Also, I really like this video I made about a week ago so I'll re-post it in the pub:

Getting psyched for Berlin in 2 weeks.

Happy to announce I successfully learned how to snowboard this year. From not being able to stand up to going down some double black diamonds last week. It was really good snow, no mogul, no ice but still it's insane progress. Can't wait to go from advanced beginner level to medium level next year!

elizabeth  ·  29 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Zero finishers at 2018 Barkley Marathons

Yes, it was! It's on amazon if you have that prime video subscription.

... and here goes 2 hours watching the documentary.

someguyfromcanada  ·  29 days ago  ·  link  ·

A good way to spend 2 hours IMO.

Trailer

elizabeth  ·  29 days ago  ·  link  ·

Yes, it was! It's on amazon if you have that prime video subscription.

elizabeth  ·  33 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, what inspires you?

Wow that app looks awesome! My notes are a total mess right now

elizabeth  ·  34 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Pubski: March 21, 2018

Leaving to Berlin and eastern Europe for a month on April 9th. I'm in this wierd limbo state I hate, where i've tied up all my loose ends and unfinished projects a little too soon. And now it feels like there is no time to start anything new. But I got to push past that stupid state because I still have many week before we leave. I kind of want to shoot some Montreal stuff for my vlog but the city's looking gross as the snow is melting... I have to figure something out.

black'n'white.

Whenever something looks gross, explore the textures. You're a photographer, use this as a learning moment.

elizabeth  ·  36 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Hubski, what inspires you?

That's so true! I once listened for hours an engineer talk about wood-cutting technologies in Sweden, how we're not really doing it right in Canada, and how he set up a paper-processing plant in SE Asia to help develop communities. He worked 30 years in the industry and it was fascinating to listen to. Who knew a conversation about trees and paper could be so interesting.

Yeah. Surrounding myself with hard working people has been key. It's a common adage that you're the average of the 5 people you hang out with the most. And it's been really true. I've become ruthless about ditching negative people from my circle of friends. My friend once said he likes to surround himself with as many diametrically different people as possible, so you're pulled into all directions. Hang out with stock brokers, shamans, artists, nurses, old people, kids and you're gonna be a vastly more interesting person than average.

nowaypablo  ·  36 days ago  ·  link  ·

Hang out with stock brokers, shamans, artists, nurses, old people, kids and you're gonna be a vastly more interesting person that average

Love this. It’s the most painful part of being at a college built on uniformity, learning by way of interacting with my peers never extends past performance on our common and responsibilities. Why I envy your travels so much :)

FirebrandRoaring  ·  36 days ago  ·  link  ·