We share good ideas and conversation here.   Login, Join Us, or Take a Tour!
demure's comments

Hall of the Mountain King synced with a 2d-physics linerider

lil  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

I never saw the line rider before. This is seriously [Ed. note: just saw that steve also used the word mesmerizing, quick, check thesaurus.] absorbing? fascinating? -- no, mesmerizing. I so wanted him to get back on his bike at the end .... oh well, it was Hall of the Mountain King. Things got a little rough for Peer Gynt too, if I recall.

steve  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Wait... Is that an insult to my vocabulary?

lil  ·  3 days ago  ·  link  ·

Only astonishment that we would both choose the same word. Like minds using the same word.

I wish I could take a train over to Michigan to meet you, but I'm getting on a train to Montreal tomorrow. Now, if I get the wrong train accidentally, I'll let you know.

steve  ·  4 days ago  ·  link  ·

AMAZING.

(I had forgotten about line rider!)

In 1893, the US Supreme Court ruled that a tomato is a vegetable.

demure  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Blade Runner 2049 Discussion Thread [Spoilers!]

Draft comment? Or did it not save the whole thing?

zebra2  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·

Totally a draft comment. Not sure why it posted. I'll have to finish it now.

demure  ·  11 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Today's Writing Prompt: This Is What It's Like

This is what it's like to be

downstream of catastrophe

Away from flame and wind

Yet carried as far Napa's call.

An acrid, melancholic cry

shouted through the haze in the sky.

How pale, sickly, the orange sun;

stifled yellow coats, hatchet men.

As we pick up the pieces

of a scattered puzzle,

the grapes of wrath

grow heavy with the vintage.

demure  ·  39 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Nestlé Acquires Majority Stake in Blue Bottle Coffee

ooh. there goes blue bottle.

FWIW, I never really was a fan of their single origins. Always roasted a touch too light in my opinion. Blends were better; Three Africas is my favorite of theirs.

Gonna continue to support relatively local roasters like Verve, which has never let me down.

Actually, now that I think about it, Peet's coffee itself got better after buying Intelligentsia and Stumptown...

demure  ·  106 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Blohm & Voss BV 141 is a weird bird.

Nearly 60 years later, prolific (and rather genius) aerospace engineer Burt Rutan designed and built the Rutan Model 202 Boomerang. I love unique designs like this.

rd95  ·  105 days ago  ·  link  ·

Please tell me you know about the F-82 Twin Mustang.

demure  ·  111 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Too late to join the ETH train?

2. Don't feel like you've "lost money" every time the price drops.

Thank you. I think I'm gonna hold it for a while for sure. At my volume the fees will eat away if I trade regularly anyways.

And I'm not sinking in a ton of money; that's what my Roth IRA is for haha

demure  ·  114 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Too late to join the ETH train?

Edit: actually, what makes them sketchy?

Thanks bl00. Appreciate it.

demure  ·  122 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: A Wee Stroll

have you read the one about the AT? need opinion.

flagamuffin  ·  121 days ago  ·  link  ·

yeah it'll take you three hours to read, go for it

demure  ·  161 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Is It So: Nye did say you can go far on oat goo

But if it is a big gob of oat goo? Two by two and one oat goo cup is set!

wasoxygen  ·  161 days ago  ·  link  ·

An oat goo cup set of six but one is a lot of oat goo to eat, and you may get ill. Can you do it? To me raw oat goo is as bad to eat as an old hat.

Try Pez, a set of 40 can get you to the end. Mmm!

lol. All I got to say.

demure  ·  165 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Duckduckgo now supports !hubski search :)

Yeah, I had tried it and it wasn't working so I submitted it (again). all good now though! :)

mk  ·  164 days ago  ·  link  ·

Ah. Thank you!

demure  ·  173 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: Cormac McCarthy on the Origin of Language

Yeah you gotta comb for the stuff now. I only visit occasionally but sometimes that visit surfaces gems like this!

demure  ·  181 days ago  ·  link  ·    ·  parent  ·  post: The Republican Lawmaker Who Secretly Created Reddit’s Women-Hating ‘Red Pill’

The daily beast is fine, you might want to have a closer look if your phone is compromised.